2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why would I give credit to the manager for the DOF doing bits in the market ?

Lampard just needs to keep getting 3 points thats his remit as the manager.
Well I seem to recall you criticising the manager for our lack of striking options early in the season. You seemed to think he had a hand in recruitment then.

Seems you’ve changed your tune to suit your agenda?

Conceding 66 corners in just 7 matches is evidence that we are not stopping opposition attacks enough in midfield.

Yes the defence has improved greatly DG, but Frank has to make our midfield press much more, and snuff out attacks 30-50 yards from our goal.

I think the number is skewed by heading/kicking the original corner kick out for another and so on. I think Chelsea had 4 or 5 in a row and I've seen that pattern since.

So it's not like we are constantly under pressure as it may seem from stats alone.

I said Lampard see's Dominic Calvert-Lewin as his 1st choice CF when he should have moved him on.

What's untrue about that ?
But If ‘big Kev’ has 100% control over transfers wouldn’t he have insisted DCL be sold and identified attackers to replace him with? If Lampards job is simply to work with the players he has / is given he’d have to get on with it.

Or maybe there’s finally some joined up thinking at the club between the manager and dof, and thus ‘Fronk’ also deserves credit for the squad that’s being built ?‍♂️

But If ‘big Kev’ has 100% control over transfers wouldn’t he have insisted Dominic Calvert-Lewin be sold and identified attackers to replace him with? If Lampards job is simply to work with the players he has / is given he’d have to get on with it.

Or maybe there’s finally some joined up thinking at the club between the manager and dof, and thus ‘Fronk’ also deserves credit for the squad that’s being built ?‍♂️

Lampard tells Big Kev what positions he wants strenghening and Big Kev signs the players for the positions. The DOF doesn't just sell players over the managers heed mate.

I'll give Lampard praise on the improved performances and he's worked wonders with Iwobi.

The signings are largely down to Kev tho.

Lampard tells Big Kev what positions he wants strenghening and Big Kev signs the players for the positions. The DOF doesn't just sell players over the managers heed mate.

I'll give Lampard praise on the improved performances and he's worked wonders with Iwobi.

The signings are largely down to Kev tho.
How do you know this?

Don’t know whether it’s Lampard being Lampard or down to the fact whoever took over from that total car crash of a manager was onto a winner with the fan base?
Think it's fair to say the fans made their minds up from the candidates on show well before he was appointed.
Screenshot_20220920-215026_Chrome.jpg

He doesn't tell us that a turgid performance was phenomenal in some aspect. That'll do.
Agreed. However, as a Blue since 1969, I was a bit uncomfortable with the prolonged lap of honour after a 1-0 home league win against West Ham.

Delighted with the win, but there are 31 more league matches to play.

I love his passion, but Frank, a simple gesture of appreciation to each side of the ground would be sufficient.

Be clear, I am very happy with the direction he is taking us, but let's keep our feet and heads firmly in the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.