2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has connected the club to the fans. Something that has been missing for an age. I hope the arms and limbs celebrations continue as we grow and we don't resort to the once warm applause greeting goals against teams we wrongly thought we should wallop. The teams in this league barring the usual suspects are closer in terms of ability than they have ever been. A raucous Goodison Park is what we should keep and take it with us to BMD

He has connected the club to the fans. Something that has been missing for an age. I hope the arms and limbs celebrations continue as we grow and we don't resort to the once warm applause greeting goals against teams we wrongly thought we should wallop. The teams in this league barring the usual suspects are closer in terms of ability than they have ever been. A raucous Goodison Park is what we should keep and take it with us to BMD
Oh! and make Spirit of the Blues our anthem as it sounds loud and awesome.....phase out 'If you know your history'. :)

Honestly feel if we got any player of quality upfront last window we'd be on the cusp of something.
I get what you're saying but I think we should be careful with this. One of our biggest problems in recent years has been trying to run before we can walk and getting ahead of ourselves.

We seem to be laying decent foundations at last but let's give them chance to build over time and not start expecting trophies and top 4 challenges on the back of us not looking like as much of a shambles as we did. I feel as positive about the club's future as I have for a few years at the moment, but I still think our short term priority should be focusing on staying up and then after that looking to get back to the sort of upper midtable positions that we'd taken for granted. After that I'd like to think we can push on but I can't see it being an overnight transformation.

I get what you're saying but I think we should be careful with this. One of our biggest problems in recent years has been trying to run before we can walk and getting ahead of ourselves.

We seem to be laying decent foundations at last but let's give them chance to build over time and not start expecting trophies and top 4 challenges on the back of us not looking like as much of a shambles as we did. I feel as positive about the club's future as I have for a few years at the moment, but I still think our short term priority should be focusing on staying up and then after that looking to get back to the sort of upper midtable positions that we'd taken for granted. After that I'd like to think we can push on but I can't see it being an overnight transformation.
I agree with this. Slowly but surely

I do think Lampard has learned from previous experiences and getting Clement in had been a master stroke in my view. It’s one of his best traits, he learns and isn’t afraid to change things until he gets the right results. He’s obviously seen that he might have had some gaps in previous coaching teams and plugged them with Clement and Cole.

For the first time in a long time we’re seeing some attacking patterns that aren’t just based on a single player (e.g get it to James and he’ll make something happen). It’s not super effective at the moment but it’s evidence that for once the players are actually listening in training and taking in what is being said.

In previous seasons under multiple managers (Koeman Silva Ancelotti all complained about this) it was as though the players trained all week then crossed the white line and just defaulted to sleepwalking failure mode. All set piece coaching out the window, any sort of patterns of play completely non existent. Just panicked hoofball followed by capitulation. We did the same under Lampard as well until he tore them a new one after the Palace away game. Then finally we started seeing players doing what he was asking of them and it’s continued into this season.
Couldnt agree more mate the patterns of play are new to us arent they

Next we will learn how to sustain attacks!

I have to disagree. No need to play down an important first win and a good performance. We've been understated for too long, saying things like 'greeting buses is kopite behaviour' etc. We've seen what releasing the passion has done since FL came in and we can be proud of the club and it seems he is too. It was just one more example of FL making sure we understood that he's buzzing with it too, and grateful for the passion and support of the crowd. Long may it continue.
Of course we have to keep our feet on the ground, but celebrating the important wins we do get has nothing to do with that. They are not mutually exclusive
Agreed . Stadium was rocking after. Fans singing on the way out of the stadium and down the road after. That's what it's about.

Biggest threat is per media rumour after World Cup that FA could look to Lampard to replace Southgate.

No serious manager would ever trade a premier league job for an international one. Southgate would swap it all in an instance if he was considered for a decent PL team. The FA might look inward once again if Southgate leaves as there’s no real stand out candidates now that Potter has moved on and Howe is look fairly secure for now.

International football is not the game it once was. The England job (or any international job for that matter) is now the job you take when there are no tempting club offers whatsoever on the table. Lampard would not take the England job now

Status
Not open for further replies.