2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s genuine. He could see the club lacked identity and direction on the pitch. He got the fans onside and has bought well, a mixture of youth and experience that all want to give 100% for the shirt. Said for years the fans can accept being crap if the players leave it all out on pitch. We now have that effort and intensity back, with the added bonus that we now look like a team again.

Yep. Has totally got the whole nine yards. You can just tell from the obvs stuff like Palace last season, but also his face to face stuff with journos.

There will be bumps in the road, but Lampard deffo has been touched.

Crucial win in the context of the season. Going into the break without it would have put a huge amount of pressure on the team.

You can see something building and if we can avoid further big injuries we should see big improvement as the season progresses. We have a new CB partnership. Two fullbacks that are inexperienced. Onana needs time to adapt to the league and Gana and Maupay have not played a lot of football. Hopefully DCL will eventually return.

Although it is not pretty it is enjoyable to see the club looking unified. There are clubs with more talent that don’t have our spirit that could well finish below us (West Ham, Villa & Leicester)

Crucial win in the context of the season. Going into the break without it would have put a huge amount of pressure on the team.

You can see something building and if we can avoid further big injuries we should see big improvement as the season progresses. We have a new CB partnership. Two fullbacks that are inexperienced. Onana needs time to adapt to the league and Gana and Maupay have not played a lot of football. Hopefully Dominic Calvert-Lewin will eventually return.

Although it is not pretty it is enjoyable to see the club looking unified. There are clubs with more talent that don’t have our spirit that could well finish below us (West Ham, Villa & Leicester)

This 100%

Yep. Has totally got the whole nine yards. You can just tell from the obvs stuff like Palace last season, but also his face to face stuff with journos.

There will be bumps in the road, but Lampard deffo has been touched.
He’s a smart guy and he knows that getting the fan base onside is vital to generate momentum at this club.

Hopefully he can grow as a manager with Everton and both parties can benefit. I can definitely see he’s building something here and it looks promising. Just need some more quality in forward positions.

My favourite Everton signing in the last 30 years.

Also he needs to keep his suit on for the next game
Tell you what, today, in a sharp suit with a squad full of players that give everything for 90 mins, he looked about 10 years longer than some of his conferences when we were in a full on relegation battle with a bunch of shithouses bottling out of tackles!

His own aura and appearances matches the way the club and fans aura has improved. He doesn’t just get us, he is us.

I dunno about you lot but every time I discuss Everton with a fan of another club they think Lampard is next to be sacked and it's just such an obvious lack of knowledge of our situation now. We look a thousand times better now that most of the rabble has been moved out and a new spine of players who actually give a **** are playing regularly
Agreed. For the first time in a long time I feel the fans will give Lampard time and understand that results can take time. We need to stick by him as it’s not going to be easy… but just having a manager that seems to be putting the club before his own ego will keep the fans on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.