2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was nowhere near my first choice, but as with every appointment you get behind them no matter who they are.
I am now so glad we've appointed him. He is a breathe of fresh air as far as management goes. I really hope it works fir him.
After 3.5 yrs of not going to a match, I went to last year's Chelsea match and have never seen anything like it and it is in no small part to how he has embraced our club and the fans.

He's done much better than I thought he would.
-We haven't been this organized since moyes
-the players have clearly bought into him
-he's improved a couple of the players
-he's been decisive enough to bin off a couple of players who haven't been good enough for Everton
He was decent last season walking into this mess.

The narrative has been set for Lampard ever since he told that German tit what was what a few season's back. The Establishment Klub's media wont forget it.

He's done much better than I thought he would.
-We haven't been this organized since moyes
-the players have clearly bought into him
-he's improved a couple of the players
-he's been decisive enough to bin off a couple of players who haven't been good enough for Everton
A couple ?!?!

He's gutted the squad and brought in hungry players & changed the whole mentality of the group.

I know it is early days but who can be not impressed with the players he has bought in and the players he has improved. He and Thelwell look like a good partnership
I'm not "impressed" - way too early for that and we've been here plenty of times before. I am, however, hopeful that he is slowly getting on top of things and better days lie ahead.

Today was a very respectable outing - and four draws in a row mean that we are competitive and hard to beat. But we still haven't won yet - so I'll hold off on the bunting for a month or two yet. Quietly content - and patient - would be my feeling to date.

He was decent last season walking into this mess.

The narrative has been set for Lampard ever since he told that German tit what was what a few season's back. The Establishment Klub's media wont forget it.

….but he seems totally aware of how the land lies but is clever in articulating it.

We’ll only truly wield power when we are decent, when we are genuinely competitive. Until then, he’ll chip away. He knows the score.

I'm not "impressed" - way too early for that and we've been here plenty of times before. I am, however, hopeful that he is slowly getting on top of things and better days lie ahead.

Today was a very respectable outing - and four draws in a row mean that we are competitive and hard to beat. But we still haven't won yet - so I'll hold off on the bunting for a month or two yet. Quietly content - and patient - would be my feeling to date.
So Onana, Gana, Tarks and Cody plus good back up of Maupay and Garner and the improvement of Iwobi don't tickle your fancy? Do we look stronger?

No guarantees of that though.

Hence why some need to calm down with the OTT love in and shutting down anyone who points out we finished 16th last season and are currently 16th with 0 wins out of 6.

I said weeks ago Lampard would get the full season if it was up to me but we know that the owner and GP faithful are trigger happy if a winless run persists.
Still running with this, Jim?

Your mum loves you, that should be a comfort to you. You don't have to get validation from being a bad bell on the internet. It's bad for the soul, Jimbo.

So Onana, Gana, Tarks and Cody plus good back up of Maupay and Garner and the improvement of Iwobi don't tickle your fancy? Do we look stronger?
I think the two defenders are smart signings which should give added leadership - something we sorely lack. Maupay is a punt that could go either way, but he's a hard-worker and gives us options we didn't have. Garner is an interesting signing. Let's see what he can bring. Iwobi is playing well - but this needs to be his consistent level now. We "look" stronger - but then it would have been hard not to after buying, what, 8 players?

I am quietly satisfied with what I have seen so far. My "fancy" will be tickled when we are back in the top half looking up. Right now, game by game.

We haven't won but we should have 2 wins in the bag and been 4 points better off,winning goals which could have and should have stood in 2 games were chalked off by the var officials, we can and will turn the draws into wins frank isn't the type of manager that will have players confidence go to pot and their heads drop

I think the two defenders are smart signings which should give added leadership - something we sorely lack. Maupay is a punt that could go either way, but he's a hard-worker and gives us options we didn't have. Garner is an interesting signing. Let's see what he can bring. Iwobi is playing well - but this needs to be his consistent level now. We "look" stronger - but then it would have been hard not to after buying, what, 8 players?

I am quietly satisfied with what I have seen so far. My "fancy" will be tickled when we are back in the top half looking up. Right now, game by game.
We sold Richarlison and as some say we never replaced him (short sightedness on there part) but you say we are stronger despite culling 19 players and only bringing in 8. I reckon that is good work and a better looking team myself

We haven't won but we should have 2 wins in the bag and been 4 points better off,winning goals which could have and should have stood in 2 games were chalked off by the var officials, we can and will turn the draws into wins frank isn't the type of manager that will have players confidence go to pot and their drop
I'm happy enough with where we are. We are competitive. It's all I truly ask for in an Everton team and manager. Make us competitive. You can go a long time as Everton manager if you can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.