2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sold Richarlison and as some say we never replaced him (short sightedness on there part) but you say we are stronger despite culling 19 players and only bringing in 8. I reckon that is good work and a better looking team myself
Hopefully it is indeed good work. Let's see what the next few months bring. Then we'll have a better sample of matches to judge. I mean, we were top six after six matches last season and had drawn at Old Trafford. Today was a good day, the signings look thoughtful to me, and the team is now turning up each week right now. That's a huge start.

Hopefully it is indeed good work. Let's see what the next few months bring. Then we'll have a better sample of matches to judge. I mean, we were top six after six matches last season and had drawn at Old Trafford. Today was a good day, the signings look thoughtful to me, and the team is now turning up each week right now. That's a huge start.
I agree....but it looks obvious to me that the defence and midfield are massively improved albeit not so much the attack. We will concede less this season IMO and that will result in more wins but also more draws. From what I have seen this season we are getting a team together that will still struggle to win but less likely to lose. To me that is a positive compared to last season because we struggled to even get a draw. Losses are turning into draws now. Just need to start winning a few

I understand exactly what you're saying, sometimes performances can be more indicative of the future than actual results.

There's been a few times when we've had a couple of wins and I've thought "I'm not sure how sustainable this is..." whereas we now look to have a solid foundation that will lead to points.

Obviously everyone would've preferred to have another attacking option but sorting that central midfield and defence was utterly crucial.

I understand exactly what you're saying, sometimes performances can be more indicative of the future than actual results.

There's been a few times when we've had a couple of wins and I've thought "I'm not sure how sustainable this is..." whereas we now look to have a solid foundation that will lead to points.

Obviously everyone would've preferred to have another attacking option but sorting that central midfield and defence was utterly crucial.
Massively

Yeah but anyone not blinded by the previous manager, pointed out that we were poor in those first 6 games and relied on 15 minute spells to turn games round and that wouldn't be sustainable and results would turn. Inevitably, they did and following that draw at old Trafford, we were completely found out.

This time, we are actually playing well for sustained periods, being resolute, creating chances and despite no striker, have been unfortunate not to win the games. And that's the groundwork for it to turn into more positive results.

We need to be playing well, even if results aren't going our way and the results will follow, whereas getting a few results playing poor football bar 15 minutes a game is always going to fail.

Something about him. Slow but surely, we are improving.

There's a cracking little interview on the Everton website. Talks about the fanbase, talking about how to get players wanting to play for Everton.

I hope I'm wrong and he's still not living in the Titanic. Hope he get a place to call "home", gets settled properly as I feel given the time and support, he can build something here.

The last 2 games for me have had so many positives.

There's a cracking little interview on the Everton website. Talks about the fanbase, talking about how to get players wanting to play for Everton.

I hope I'm wrong and he's still not living in the Titanic. Hope he get a place to call "home", gets settled properly as I feel given the time and support, he can build something here.

We finally look like we have a plan ,something is starting to take shape

Link us up mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.