2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He inherited a team that was just really, really weak - physically and mentally. A team that got bullied even by the bottom teams.

The first thing to do with a team like that is just to make it stronger and tougher, which he's clearly done now. We're not getting bullied any more. We're more athletic, more dynamic, and just seem more energized and hungry.

That change alone is starting to turn losses into draws, which should be more than enough to keep us safe. The next step, of course, is to start turning those draws into wins, but I'm confident that will come with time and players - especially Dom - returning from injury.

We seem to be on a steady course of improvement now, and that's all we could really ask for, given the state of the club when he came in.

We aren’t going to pass teams to death, we never have we never will. What Everton thrive on is getting in teams faces, making it uncomfortable. And counter attacking.
Lampard has in his short time in charge, used that to his advantage.

Yes we’ve drew with liverpool in recent years, but 13 plus attempts at goal today showed we were backs against the walls like we usually have been.

Using Leeds as an example last season going 1-1 we’d have lost. He’s building a team on what fans want to see from players wearing Everton’s badge, fight and desire! A win is around the corner, the performances are there!

You build a house from the bottom up.

Three things stand out for me.

1) He has a plan and understands the game, the recruitment was very purposeful and attribute and skill focussed to address imbalances in the team.

2) He’s a good coach, Iwobhino, Pickford, Patterson, Myko, Patterson, Holgate and Gordon have all improved hugely under his coaching, he gets the best out what he has, I really esteem that. It’s massive for this club. Disappointed and it’s a huge pity Godfrey and D-C-L have been injured since he’s been here, im really curious to see if they progress under him.

3) All the players want to play for him - let’s been honest, over the past 4/5 season the team has lacked, commitment, leadership, bravery, focus, application and care - the culture has been bad. I don’t see that now, I see a team that want to play for their manager, their teammates, their club, Lampard doesn’t tolerate passengers talented or not - you need that boundary, discipline and ruthlessness as a manage.

We aren’t going to pass teams to death, we never have we never will. What Everton thrive on is getting in teams faces, making it uncomfortable. And counter attacking.
Lampard has in his short time in charge, used that to his advantage.

Yes we’ve drew with liverpool in recent years, but 13 plus attempts at goal today showed we were backs against the walls like we usually have been.

Using Leeds as an example last season going 1-1 we’d have lost. He’s building a team on what fans want to see from players wearing Everton’s badge, fight and desire! A win is around the corner, the performances are there!

Reidy was on comms on TS today. He pretty much said the same thing.

Read and laugh boys

This is the same type of clueless rubbish the ‘pundits’ were saying about Viera and Palace last season. The fans could see the progress being made, and it was obvious to anyone who watched them what the plan was and the fans/players were behind it. But as usual these idiots are more interested in manufacturing a drama. Same at Eerton. Good progress being made, but that lot would rather cause a drama.

Working very hard to get a team together we can proud of and he can be very proud tonight. Not got that elusive win yet but it won't be long before the draws turn to wins

If they don't he'll be oot on his ear.

In the bottom 3 as it stands with a pretty decent team.

No complaints from me today but fans/the board will inevitably start asking questions if we dont start winning games.

Cant see anything at the Emirates next week so WHU becomes a big big game. 0 wins in 8 and there will be pressure no doubt.

If they don't he'll be oot on his ear.

In the bottom 3 as it stands with a pretty decent team.

No complaints from me today but fans/the board will inevitably start asking questions if we dont start winning games.

Cant see anything at the Emirates next week so WHU becomes a big big game. 0 wins in 8 and there will be pressure no doubt.
There won’t be, stop trying to be an edgy pot stirrer

You build a house from the bottom up.

Three things stand out for me.

1) He has a plan and understands the game, the recruitment was very purposeful and attribute and skill focussed to address imbalances in the team.

2) He’s a good coach, Iwobhino, Pickford, Patterson, Myko, Patterson, Holgate and Gordon have all improved hugely under his coaching, he gets the best out what he has, I really esteem that. It’s massive for this club. Disappointed and it’s a huge pity Godfrey and D-C-L have been injured since he’s been here, im really curious to see if they progress under him.

3) All the players want to play for him - let’s been honest, over the past 4/5 season the team has lacked, commitment, leadership, bravery, focus, application and care - the culture has been bad. I don’t see that now, I see a team that want to play for their manager, their teammates, their club, Lampard doesn’t tolerate passengers talented or not - you need that boundary, discipline and ruthlessness as a manage.

this i love him and he will get us right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.