2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL getting injured so we couldn't sell him messed things up. Think this was the plan which is why Gordon has to go now.
I disagree: if DCL had remained fit then selling Gordon to fund a new striker wouldn't have needed to happen.

Well thats what he said directly in relation to a striker. I seen the entire press conference and no once did he say what you are claiming.
You didn't hear him say "the weeks after the Richarlison sale and up to DCLs injury weren't valid" in terms of a search for a new striker? 15:30 in.

You didn't hear him say "the weeks after the Richarlison sale and up to DCLs injury weren't valid" in terms of a search for a new striker? 15:30 in.
I just listened again and still dont understand how from what was said there you have determined weren't looking at a striker until Dom got injured.

What i interpret him saying is people saying that we have had 7 weeks to replace Richarlison and haven't and that has left us no attacking options isn't valid as we had Dom and Rondon, one got injured and the other was suspended for game one and then he reiterated that we want attacking options in.

He never said we had no plans for a striker until Dom got injured. You are making that up.

We're doomed if he doesn't bring one in and if we bring tat like Adams in.

It's got to be Broja or similar quality or we'll take the drop.

A striker who guarantees us 10-12 goals is what's needed....and that DM slot sorted out.
Have you compared Broja's and Adams' goal scoring records for the same team last season?

I’m not surprised his body language wasn’t great, he said straight away he wasn’t going to say anything about ins and outs and then got asked multiple times even after he kept dismissing the question.
Then what was up with that guy talking about Dele asking if Frank signed him and if he knew about his problems before he joined? What kind of answer was he expecting to get here whilst Frank’s a professional!? ‘Yeah mate I thought he’d be boss but then he rocked up and actually he’s a bell end so I messed that one up and we’re hoping to flog him to Turkey’

Let's see hey, not buying some strikers is way over the top too
…or we don’t have millions to throw around, so we’re waiting for our target to become available. To say he’s near walking is just unbelievable. So many people wetting themselves over things these days.

The weeks he was referring to were those as of when DCL got injured i.e. we've had four weeks to search/ identify not 7 as the interviewer tried to insinuate - perhaps in order to create column inches or consolidate his own agenda.....

Which of the 2 reasons for the question would you tip?
Apologies... Didn't reply to your version of accounts.

Seems you haven't seen the post..... Most strange.

@davek

Status
Not open for further replies.