2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
how have people not worked out that Lampard doesn't talk about transfers that haven't happened yet?

Him not talking about transfers or refusing to talk about them means very very little. Even the Sky journo worked it out - so well done to those who are more backwards than a borderline gutter press journo.

Pointless reading too much into any of his answers. As much as we’d all love to here him say we are signing or close to signing ‘X’ player, he’s never going to say that is he.

Nor would any other manager. Unless it’s 100% done, why or how could he confirm such things?

Must be like banging your head against a wall them press conferences for Frank.

"You selling Gordon then?"

"Gordon's our player at the moment so I'm not gonna comment"

Next reporter...

Followed by that clown who asked "what's more important Gordon or getting a striker in?".

I'd be down if the same Journo's week in week out asked questions that they know they're going to not get an answer to.

Had to turn the stream off it is painful to hear idiots ask questions they are going to get the 'he's our player and we want him to stay' or 'he is [insert team name]s player so you will have to ask them'

BTW to me he doesn't sound down

He always seems pretty even-keel. I think he knew this one was going to be a firing squad, and that he was going to be ducking, dodging and weaving for the whole presser. He's stonewalling well without being a jerk about it, which is an accomplishment.

I agree that he said what he kind of had to say. He can't say we are desperate even though we clearly are. He can't say we won't sell Gordon, or that we will sell Gordon because I doubt it's even his decision. He can't say that the mood is poor (even though it is) because that's not good for the players playing tomorrow. He has to publicly back DCL to get back fit and stay fit, but obviously there's a big question mark there.

I do think his general mood was very down though, and I don't blame him. He's dealing with an awful lot of issues, far more than should be placed on the manager's shoulders.

Main for now is that we need a result tomorrow. Lose tomorrow and we are already staring down the barrel of the same season as last year, only with a poorer squad.

Must be like banging your head against a wall them press conferences for Frank.

"Gordon's our player at the moment so I'm not gonna comment"

Next reporter...

Followed by that clown who asked "what's more important Gordon or getting a striker in?".
1660914623478.png

Pointless reading too much into any of his answers. As much as we’d all love to here him say we are signing or close to signing ‘X’ player, he’s never going to say that is he.

Nor would any other manager. Unless it’s 100% done, why or how could he confirm such things?
The only answer I read anything into was when he said "I might not even be here at the end of the transfer window"

To me that was an indication of his frustration and I believe that he would be prepared to walk in the scenario Dele and Gordon go without adequate replacements coming in.

Because we are Everton, this is a scenario we should prepare for. I am getting Joe Royle flashbacks to be honest (for those of you that remember)

We probably did prioritize one but he may not be available yet.

It's best to wait and get our man rather than panic early in the window and just get a body in. That's for the last week of the window. We will get someone, just a case of who.

Oh I'm sure we will get someone but how many points are we going to risk before we get them.we have to consider we were only a few points from relegation last year.

I agree that he said what he kind of had to say. He can't say we are desperate even though we clearly are. He can't say we won't sell Gordon, or that we will sell Gordon because I doubt it's even his decision. He can't say that the mood is poor (even though it is) because that's not good for the players playing tomorrow. He has to publicly back DCL to get back fit and stay fit, but obviously there's a big question mark there.

I do think his general mood was very down though, and I don't blame him. He's dealing with an awful lot of issues, far more than should be placed on the manager's shoulders.

Main for now is that we need a result tomorrow. Lose tomorrow and we are already staring down the barrel of the same season as last year, only with a poorer squad.
His job in this presser is to avoid giving out information to people whose job is to extract it from him. They want to know things like: is Gordon leaving, is Onana starting, and whether Allan is starting. He can tell them that Allan is fit. I think he hinted that he doesn't plan to start Onana, but that could be a smokescreen.

A press conference like this one is like playing chess while behind and trying to salvage a draw from the mess. The best outcome is not giving a pack of ravening journalists what they want, which is a story that advances their career by generating a bunch of clicks. There were rather more land mines on offer today than usual, and you're never going to see a grandmaster look like they're enjoying searching for the one line that forces exchanges down to a known drawn endgame.

The only answer I read anything into was when he said "I might not even be here at the end of the transfer window"
I think people are reading too much into that one. I think it was simply an admission that he knows he works for the most ruthless owner in the Prem when it comes to manager changes, now that Abramovich is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.