2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank's sounds pretty down here. Not good

I'd be down if the same Journo's week in week out asked questions that they know they're going to not get an answer to.

Had to turn the stream off it is painful to hear idiots ask questions they are going to get the 'he's our player and we want him to stay' or 'he is [insert team name]s player so you will have to ask them'

BTW to me he doesn't sound down

Frank's sounds pretty down here. Not good
He always seems pretty even-keel. I think he knew this one was going to be a firing squad, and that he was going to be ducking, dodging and weaving for the whole presser. He's stonewalling well without being a jerk about it, which is an accomplishment.

Lampard is asked if the need for a striker is greater than the need to keep Anthony Gordon:

"We need both."

“You can’t ask me to assure anything, it’ll be naive of me to assure anything. I can’t assure I’ll be here by the end of the window.”

Shot across the bow!!!!

1660913755681.png

Wouldn't be disappointed if Dele left.

Says it all.

I remember a few years a go there were lots questions about who he hangs out with and what he does in his spare time with those people in London.

It seems like he hasn't really matured off the pitch and that's had a huge impact on how he's performing.

I like him, but I think he is messing things up right now. What’s all this two man midfield nonsense? There’s a reason why I’d never heard of a two man midfield before, it’s because it’s an absolutely crazy idea that is never gona work! It will need to be binned off if he wants to keep his job!
Its not REALLY a 2 man midfield though.

The wing backs push into midfield making it a 4 or one of the centre backs steps in for a 3. Basically there are just 2 who stay in midfield all game.

My point ? We almost went down last year, we were a low scoring team as it was, so yes I would have thought we would have prioritised a striker first, especially if you don't have much money to begin with. :)
We probably did prioritize one but he may not be available yet.

It's best to wait and get our man rather than panic early in the window and just get a body in. That's for the last week of the window. We will get someone, just a case of who.

Status
Not open for further replies.