2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s give him a top attacking wife forward in January. One that can cover the flank and play through the middle if needed (essentially a Richarlison replacement). I actually think we’re ok in most other positions (if most people stay fit) so would be good to see a big investment go in to get the player Frank wants for that position.
This is exactly what I was thinking. A wide forward / striker. If the right player isn’t available in January, then wait. Don’t waste the budget on a squad filler. There may be some loan options that are more palatable as a short term solution.

Consider it done.

One being the key point
Oh come on, you know what Dave was getting at. He specifically said a goalscorer to take the pressure of the Def and Mid. We have one that did it excellently yesterday. We need a back up better than rondon obviously, but we have a goalscorer capable of 15+ goals a season, backed up by someone who has shown he can get 8/10 a season.

Dave was trying to make a point that we have no goalscorer because Calvert Lewin isn't reliable due to him having an injury last season (when really its because he just doesnt like him if youve ever read his comments in the DCL thread). I doubt daves medical expertise of that.

This is exactly what I was thinking. A wide forward / striker. If the right player isn’t available in January, then wait. Don’t waste the budget on a squad filler. There may be some loan options that are more palatable as a short term solution.

We should be looking for the next Richarlison in the 30-40 mill range.

But you see the likes of Sancho and Antony going for 75 and 90 million and you realise the market is massively inflated for decent wide forwards. Gordon himself was rated at 60 mill and that still wasn’t enough for us to sell and he’s not at the top level yet. Let’s hope Thelwell has some decent targets in mind to support Frank.

We should be looking for the next Richarlison in the 30-40 mill range.

But you see the likes of Sancho and Antony going for 75 and 90 million and you realise the market is massively inflated for decent wide forwards. Gordon himself was rated at 60 mill and that still wasn’t enough for us to sell and he’s not at the top level yet. Let’s hope Thelwell has some decent targets in mind to support Frank.
I suppose it’s where we should be looking at the City and Chelsea academies.

Thelwell wil have to earn his dough.

But I'm not ignoring the opposition.

Man U and Newcastle could or should've been draws. Beat them both in the run to avoid relegation last season.

Speaking of teams at the bottom of the table, Leicester is at the bottom and coming in a couple of week, and they won't be a gimmie.
Lost 3:1 away to Newcastle last season. And they are unbeaten at home this season and have the best defence in the league so far and one of the best attacks. To expect us to go and get a result when teams like Man City could only get a draw, is crazy.

And man united came down to two mistakes. Disappointed to lose, but again, not unexpected.

Still don't understand why you can't enjoy a 3 nil win. If you don't enjoy wins, then what's the point in following football?

So Leicester (who are at the bottom) isn't a gimme, but we should be getting results against teams at the top? What's that logic?

Ps. No game is a gimme at this level. Which is why you should enjoy 3 nil wins.

I think the thing is improvement can be seen with the naked eye which may not be reflected in stats. Even the early games without a win saw a consensus of "if only we had a striker" suggesting most could see a plan and steps in the right direction. The idea of not troubling the top clubs is rightly an issue but slowly , slowly catchee monkey seems the only course given the circumstances. I'm deffo all in on giving Frank time given what we've seen

When we sold Richy I feared that we wouldn't be able to score enough goals, and that fear was completely justified. We have 11 goals in the "For" column - a ratio of 0.84 goals/game, which isn't good enough to leave us anthing other than well in the bottom half of the table if not fighting relegation.

All the teams above us have a much greater goal threat.

I know that DCL being injured has been a terrible blow, and I hope that we'll continue to improve in the right direction with him back and hopefully banging the goals in, but nonetheless we do need strengthening up front.

When we sold Richy I feared that we wouldn't be able to score enough goals, and that fear was completely justified. We have 11 goals in the "For" column - a ratio of 0.84 goals/game, which isn't good enough to leave us anthing other than well in the bottom half of the table if not fighting relegation.

All the teams above us have a much greater goal threat.

I know that Dominic Calvert-Lewin being injured has been a terrible blow, and I hope that we'll continue to improve in the right direction with him back and hopefully banging the goals in, but nonetheless we do need strengthening up front.
No striker for the first 5 games. 6 players bedding in. There's a reason we struggled for goals early on. I fully expect that to change and barring a couple of injuries, we will be much more balanced in attack now.

Was very satisfied with yesterday's performance everything I wanted addressed last week was actually dealt with hopefully we can build on the promising showing and result. We actually passed the ball competently too!

Status
Not open for further replies.