2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you totally missed the severity of the situation we where in.

And only fools believe he should have us firing on all cylinders and zooming up the league.
This is just the start ( 1 window ) of a massive culture change.
Lampard is the man that has instigated this and should be given whatever time & resources to see it through.

I agree, he should be given time and resources he needs to hav a good fair crack at it, and I would argue the same for anyone at the helm. Easy to say though as its not my money.

Well I am pretty much resigned to expect mediocrity this season, but maybe medicority represents progress for us at this stage. It doesn't fill me with any great sense of joy though. I just don't believe how we undid years of progress with that shambolic 2021-22 campaign and lowered expectation down to basically survival = success. We should be much better than that.
Well that was on Moshiri but im convinved he has taken a back seat now and will let the board work without influence, a season of mediocrity right now is what we need to establish a stable platform for Frank to build on next season. The early signs our good though, the defense mostly, one stage at a time

We've won 3 games from 12 so far this season. Forgive me if I still have my reservations.
I get that, and as I said Lampard isn't perfect, nor is the situation. However, look at the table and the much coveted Newcastle have one more win than us.

We're sat mid-table, and there's an argument that more precise finishing in a few games would have pushed us higher. We've played some in form teams too!

It's just to have reservations, however my point is that the doom and gloom from some quarters, with some questioning Lampard's position, is unjust.

It's a work in process. Is the squad better? Is the team and fanbase mostly united? Can we see the club moving in the right direction?

We've won 3 games from 12 so far this season. Forgive me if I still have my reservations.
I think the thing is improvement can be seen with the naked eye which may not be reflected in stats. Even the early games without a win saw a consensus of "if only we had a striker" suggesting most could see a plan and steps in the right direction. The idea of not troubling the top clubs is rightly an issue but slowly , slowly catchee monkey seems the only course given the circumstances. I'm deffo all in on giving Frank time given what we've seen

I think the thing is improvement can be seen with the naked eye which may not be reflected in stats. Even the early games without a win saw a consensus of "if only we had a striker" suggesting most could see a plan and steps in the right direction. The idea of not troubling the top clubs is rightly an issue but slowly , slowly catchee monkey seems the only course given the circumstances. I'm deffo all in on giving Frank time given what we've seen
I don’t know why people suddenly expect us to start troubling the top clubs.

I honestly don’t get their frame of reference.

We nearly got relegated last year. We’ve improved our play massively and that’s built from a solid spine. For context, when fully fit only 2 players from the back 8 were here before January. And many only came this window.

The base alone is still a work in progress but improving with each game.

We’ve desperately lacked DCL. A fully fit one anyway. Yesterday shows what we’ve been missing.

We’ve still got a lot to improve but the signs are there. We really do need patience because we aren’t quite where we want to be. From a squad perspective, from a style of play perspective or from a consistency perspective.

But you can see the direction of travel. Some fans need to understand that we came back from oblivion and it’s going to take a couple of years at least before we get even close to competing with the top sides. We are miles behind right now.

We can’t be expecting anything from spurs or United. Even Newcastle away. They are unbeaten at home for 12 months against everyone but city and Liverpool. We can’t be expecting automatic points up there. It’s delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.