2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

+1

Can understand him not starting Dominic Calvert-Lewin but 2-1 down at 60 minutes he should have been on the pitch and given half hour to try make something happen.

75-80 minute's leaves us with too little time to turn it around.
In a perfect world I would agree… but Dom has played very sporadically for 18 months. It’s understandable if he was being cautious over him entering the fray.

Had a quick look at what Man Utd fans think of Lampard after that game. This post over there resonated with me:

His tactics were pretty reminiscent of Big Sam and Sean Dyche there minus any of the defensive grit. Subs in all his tall guys to lump the ball into. There doesn’t seem to be any coherent team, plan or formation after a substantial period as their manager. Don’t see him surviving at Everton and ultimately as a PL manager for much longer.
I bet you're gutted at Arsenal winning today, you bad bell whiff.

If Dominic Calvert-Lewin is fit to be on the bench he should be on the pitch at 60 minutes when we're chasing a game.

Lads by far our most potent attacking threat.

Imo they're being super careful with him. I think they knew he had 20 minutes max.

Still caused more chaos in their box last 10 minutes than anyone else did the previous 80.

A fit DCL and we'll be absolutely sound. Hopefully next week is fit enough for 30+ minutes.

He turned down upwards of 50m to kick-start that process in the summer. He has not helped himself in getting that decent front three.
No he never; the deal was never that amount. It was pennies with the majority on performance based pay

The idea we turned £60m down for Gordon is simply not true.

And FYI; Kevin Thelwell is DoF, if he says he’s selling him then he’s gone

Imo they're being super careful with him. I think they knew he had 20 minutes max.

Still caused more chaos in their box last 10 minutes than anyone else did the previous 80.

A fit Dominic Calvert-Lewin and we'll be absolutely sound. Hopefully next week is fit enough for 30+ minutes.

I dont doubt we're being careful with him - but lets be honest he gets injured more in training than he does during a match.

If he wasn't fit to play more than 10-15 minutes then put someone from the academy on the bench or stick Onana up top in the Fellaini role with Maupay playing off him and Garner in the middle.

Hoofing balls up to 5ft8 Maupay all night was abysmal tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.