2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we lose the next two also and the manoeuvrings against him will begin again.

That's BS, as any reasonable person knows. My biggest gripe with him is the way he accepted that the forward situation was sorted with DCL and Maupay going into this season. He should have been a lot more switched on about their limitations and demanded another striker be brought in.

That decision has cost us about 6/8 points....so far.

I think we lose the next two also and the manoeuvrings against him will begin again.

That's BS, as any reasonable person knows. My biggest gripe with him is the way he accepted that the forward situation was sorted with Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Maupay going into this season. He should have been a lot more switched on about their limitations and demanded another striker be brought in.

That decision has cost us about 6/8 points.

Shush dave

Try a different angle or the big reveal will be utterly boring when you unmask yourself as Frank Out, to nobody’s surprise

I feel it was our own careless play that gave them the game.

Very much like the Villa game. 2 lapses in concentration, 2 counter attacks.

We beat ourselves again.

To be fair there were plenty of those moments throughout the game. They're the two they take advantage of but it could've been more.

Don’t put the result down to the manager, two individual erfors, reminded me of the Burnley game last season, down to two brain farts by Iwobi and Gana, the disallowed goal was three mistakes.

One crituqe I have on the coaching is no one creates a triangle except Iwobi, most of our players pass the ball and then stay static, meaning the receiving player has no option to pass to and breaks down, if you are going to play out from the back and a possession based game, you simply have to create triangles.

Challege for Lampard now is teams working us out, we struggled with Utds press and keeping the ball today, others are going to do the same thing.
Did you notice how well Garner was moving along the line to be in a position to collect the ball… was noticeable to me anyway… let’s hope it’s not coached out of him ..

Did you notice how well Garner was moving along the line to be in a position to collect the ball… was noticeable to me anyway… let’s hope it’s not coached out of him ..

He was ignored to mate.

Lampard still hasn’t changed this defeatist mindset… how far we crept into our shell after scoring was a sight to behold. It was like the worst version of ourselves I have seen these last few seasons.. but half the team are new so how does that negativity just permeate our side so easily… I genuinely don’t believe there is another team in the league that just downs tools after scoring as much as we do.

I can’t believe this is how Lampard wants us to play..but why do the players do it?
Last week showed we have in some ways, last season we concede a second after Saints scored, we did the opposite and scored 2 in 3 minutes

Last week showed we have in some ways, last season we concede a second after Saints scored, we did the opposite and scored 2 in 3 minutes
I admit I commented last week I could see that mental shift.. so is it because it was Utd we didn’t have the confidence to keep playing?

To be fair there were plenty of those moments throughout the game. They're the two they take advantage of but it could've been more.
As is my point.

A back four of Myko, Coleman and martialed by Coady and Tarkowski suits dropping a bit deeper. The Forest goal is the only one I can think of where we got done while in our shape and that was a pot shot and a rebound.

I'd love us to play like Klopps Liverpool team, I think it would really suit us as a fanbase but it just ain't possible at this stage. Especially without Dom as an out. Maupay offered nothing this game. Which ain't a slight on him.

Reality check. We make individual errors like that in midfield we don’t have any recovery pace to get us out of jail. Our wide forwards are low quality. Next two fixtures look a tough task.

I admit I commented last week I could see that mental shift.. so is it because it was Utd we didn’t have the confidence to keep playing?
Individual mistakes, nothing more than that, we were still in the fight to the very end which shows heads didn’t drop after going 2-1 down

We should be deep and compact.

United are a better team.

While we've been deep and compact we've not conceded. The 2 United goals come from us losing the ball and getting countered.

Everyone wants to see high pressing footy but it just isn't feasible every game for a bottom half team.

High press is the perfect way to play against UTD or any superior team. Against Liverpool was a good example of how it should be done, but we didn’t press as a team today.

Our ball recoveries were mainly deep in our half because we sat too deep. counter attack is extremely difficult from deep. We end up playing from the back way more than we should and it lead to needless meaningless passing which result in higher chance of losing the ball.

I don’t see much problem with high press.

Status
Not open for further replies.