2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were poor tonight and maybe he could have made some subs earlier but we looked miles off it. Maybe we will pick up points against sides around our level.

Thought he let the game drift for to long,
As others have said the subs ,seem to be a bit of a weakness with him .
But he is leaning. And doing a good job all considered.
The injuries in defence are doing him in , Holgate, Patterson, Godfrey Mina , let's the likes of Coleman in the team, any of the first three give us a bit of pace at the back and we could go up the pitch a bit further.

One of his worst games that.

Game plan was massively off. Changes took way too long, which he does quite often to his fault.

I just don't understand how you look at Martinez and Onana and not think, "yeah, big man beat little man in the air".

Onana was in Southamptons box at every opportunity last week, but wasn't even playing on Martinez's side. The man's an actual oompah loompa.

We bully them in the air, especially with Dom on who should've been on earlier.

Mental to me that we don't target Martinez.

Lampard still hasn’t changed this defeatist mindset… how far we crept into our shell after scoring was a sight to behold. It was like the worst version of ourselves I have seen these last few seasons.. but half the team are new so how does that negativity just permeate our side so easily… I genuinely don’t believe there is another team in the league that just downs tools after scoring as much as we do.

I can’t believe this is how Lampard wants us to play..but why do the players do it?

It wasn't great. United turned up, we didn't. The second half was better, he clearly had a word.

Look we're at the start of our journey, I do think we will loose more games than we win this season, but there's lots to be positive about.

Onto spurs!

ETID COYB UTFT

Just when you think we've turned a corner, and then there's a kick up the rear end. A disappointing result and performance indeed.

This was a game we were well capable of getting something out of, but in the end we got nothing. We have Spurs away next, and that game is going to be a tough one indeed.

Lampard still hasn’t changed this defeatist mindset… how far we crept into our shell after scoring was a sight to behold. It was like the worst version of ourselves I have seen these last few seasons.. but half the team are new so how does that negativity just permeate our side so easily… I genuinely don’t believe there is another team in the league that just downs tools after scoring as much as we do.

I can’t believe this is how Lampard wants us to play..but why do the players do it?
We should be deep and compact.

United are a better team.

While we've been deep and compact we've not conceded. The 2 United goals come from us losing the ball and getting countered.

Everyone wants to see high pressing footy but it just isn't feasible every game for a bottom half team.

While we've been deep and compact we've not conceded. The 2 United goals come from us losing the ball and getting countered.

Everyone wants to see high pressing footy but it just isn't feasible every game for a bottom half team.

I feel like this kind of game was coming. We've got the best defensive record but we've still looked vulnerable. Pickford has been brilliant.

I understand being compact but we've got to do more than let them get into a rhythm. Goodison should be a nightmare for teams to go to but our tactics gave them a stroll in the first half.

We didn’t just stay deep and compact.. we downed tools. It’s evidenced very clearly when we have possession and there is no outlet, passes get sloppy, which lead to the goals. it’s because we become too fearful to play and our intent is removed… we so intent to stay back that we forget how to go forward.

Don’t put the result down to the manager, two individual erfors, reminded me of the Burnley game last season, down to two brain farts by Iwobi and Gana, the disallowed goal was three mistakes.

One crituqe I have on the coaching is no one creates a triangle except Iwobi, most of our players pass the ball and then stay static, meaning the receiving player has no option to pass to and breaks down, if you are going to play out from the back and a possession based game, you simply have to create triangles.

Challege for Lampard now is teams working us out, we struggled with Utds press and keeping the ball today, others are going to do the same thing.

I feel like this kind of game was coming. We've got the best defensive record but we've still looked vulnerable. Pickford has been brilliant.

I understand being compact but we've got to do more than let them get into a rhythm. Goodison should be a nightmare for teams to go to but our tactics gave them a stroll in the first half.
I feel it was our own careless play that gave them the game.

Very much like the Villa game. 2 lapses in concentration, 2 counter attacks.

We beat ourselves again.

Status
Not open for further replies.