2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter what manager we have, no one is getting enough goals from that first team squad in any case.

May as well stick with FL and find him the cash he needs to get a couple of attackers in January.

The midfield purchases were not as good as we'd all thought, but are good enough if they have a strikeforce ahead of them that can show for a pass - the absence of which is mostly why their distribution is awful right now; the defence is easily good enough for a bottom half team like us, and the GK is an asset (mostly).

Just get those attackers in EARLY January and pick up the necessary points to survive. We can think about managerial changes (if need be) when we get 40 points.

Always been the goal though hasn't it? Be hopefully comfortably midtable by March the latest?

Ah right. So losing to Bournemouth 4-1 before we play them again on Saturday was a 'message'. Seems a bit daft when we are a team in dire need of some confidence.
It was hardly the plan to lose 4-1, was it. FL gave the squad players an opportunity to stake a claim, they didn't and he basically said they're not good enough to be first team players here. Should he have picked the strongest 11 possible? Clearly there is an argument for that, but he made the call, it's on him, now he has to vindicate that choice with a win on Saturday.

So chances just fall into our lap and we miss them? Come on.

Why should I take into consideration the opposition could've scored more? Even then you have to look into the big chances they've created and not how many shots we let them have.

Our conversation rate (8.1) is almost equal to the RS (8.7). Their shots are 289 compared to our 135. We've had more shots than Chelsea so far this but their conversion rate is 12.7.

So it doesn't matter how many shots you have, it's how many you put away. And funny enough...both the RS and Chelsea have conceded more than us

Stat wars for you

war-the-day-today.gif

Get ready people!!!!! It's here.

The Cult versus The Plotters - The sequel

Pick your side and fight with honour in your defence or attack of Lampard.

I don't mean he threw it as in he actively wanted to lose, but surely you don't think he put that team out because he thought it was the best team to get a result? He made ELEVEN changes. He changed the formation just so that he could throw all the players in that he wanted to get on to the pitch. I'm not defending the players but that isn't 'giving them a chance'; putting a few players into the normal team is giving people a chance, throwing a completely different team out with none of the players who've improved the squad since last year isn't. Either he put the team out knowing that there was a very good chance of it failing but he thought it was the right thing to do anyway, or he's an absolute 24 carat idiot who should be relieved of his duties immediately for not being able to see that a team which has failed to win games like that repeatedly over a number of years wasn't suddenly going to transform into a different animal . For me it's fairly clearly the former, if you think it's the latter then that's even worse.
Either way, its impossible to justify. I don't think he wanted to lose (though its easy to make that case based on that team) I think he took a huge gamble with his job. It's crazy to throw THAT team on the pitch when you surely know your head is already on the block. Anyone believing it was a nothing game, are off their heads, there was a lot riding on it for the manager and those 'last chance saloon' players.

So chances just fall into our lap and we miss them? Come on.

Why should I take into consideration the opposition could've scored more? Even then you have to look into the big chances they've created and not how many shots we let them have.

Our conversation rate (8.1) is almost equal to the RS (8.7). Their shots are 289 compared to our 135. We've had more shots than Chelsea so far this but their conversion rate is 12.7.

So it doesn't matter how many shots you have, it's how many you put away. And funny enough...both the RS and Chelsea have conceded more than us

Stat wars for you
I can never quite tell if you're a WUM or if you just genuinely don't really understand stuff. So if you are a WUM fair play you're pretty decent at it.

Anyone who doesn’t think that Roberto Martinez won’t be the next everton manager has not been paying attention.
I wonder how exactly that phone call is going to go.

"Hey Roberto, Farhad here, look I know I sacked you because it was a disaster and then we had that whole legal thing with you trying to get as many millions from me as you could, but fancy coming back for a bit so we can do the exact same thing all over again??......"

Go all out for Mourinho.

Proven winner and will deserve a chance of getting rid of our crap.

Watch his clips on United and Spurs, he was so right, see Dele for example.
Jose here would just be epic. He'll be here fifteen minutes before demanding a fortune to spend, then going into either NEA mode the minute he doesn't get what he wants or full nuclear mode as he burns the place down on his way out. Either way, with full pockets and on to the next gig. Might as well have Roy Keane as his No2.

Status
Not open for further replies.