2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're telling me had Benitez not fallen out with Digne Villa would have randomly targeted Digne and he would have happily gone ?

lol

There was no talk of him leaving until the bust up with Benitez.
How do you know there was no previous bid and the bust up kinda greased the wheels?

On one hand there's quiet mystery bids for DCL and Gordon, on the other there's a fight needed for a bid for Digne.

I like this new angle you are working btw. It's a good one. I knew there would be one. Carry on!

I'd rather my manager foster a good relationship with his players than rock the boat intentionally but then that's probably where we differ.

I wouldn't advocate a bust up as such but Fronk really should have sat the lad and his agent down and said "you're a good lad but you're not in my long term plans so if you want 1st team football with the WC around the corner it may be wise to approach other clubs".

England international CF with a big media profile and of the right age doesn't stay on the market without so much as a nibble for long.

We will win no games against Premier opposition with that starting line up. He's become a bit too much like Moyes, all conservative 'he's not ready yet for the premier league' bs. Onana at half fitness is still a whippet compared to Davies and Rondon. This is now a young man's game, all about fitness, speed, skill and stamina in that order with the 5 subs rule. Get rid of Rondon because there will never be a suitable time to bring on a fat crock, and for Gods sake buy some strikers. These games were there for the taking.
To be fair didn't Madrid win the champions league with most of the team over 30?

The club were never going to sell both Richarlison and DCL in the same summer when the fanbase were protesting.

Lampard dropped a bollock with DCL and if Newcastle had bid £35 millions for Gordon we should have taken that anarl.
Agree about Gordon i like him but if we need to raise money and he’s our most sellable asset who really is still only potential we need to take it

Who was Digne going to be sold to?

Villa only went in for him after Benitez told him to do one.

Lampard should have done the same with DCL they'll have been a bidder.

So let me get this right.

Lampard deliberately ostracises and forces out a popular and valuable member of the squad out, to generate funds to buy players ?

What a great way to generate team spirit and I’m pretty sure, it would breach employment law too.

Age is not a barrier if they are quality players. Who do we have in any midfield/forward positions to fulfil those criteria?
I thought quite a few in the team did well today. I get what you are saying in terms of getting a striker in but we haven't been steamroller in either of the last 2 games. Let's see how we do in the coming weeks.

I wouldn't advocate a bust up as such but Fronk really should have sat the lad and his agent down and said "you're a good lad but you're not in my long term plans so if you want 1st team football with the WC around the corner it may be wise to approach other clubs".

England international CF with a big media profile and of the right age doesn't stay on the market without so much as a nibble for long.
Who had a horrendous injury record and you seriously think we'd have got a good number for him?

So let me get this right.

Lampard deliberately ostracises and forces out
a popular and valuable member of the squad out, to generate funds to buy players ?

What a great way to generate team spirit and I’m pretty sure, it would breach employment law too.

You're wrong.

If we cut last 10min and the one situation when Gray didn't wan't to pass the ball (and he often doesn't want to, which is pretty anoying), can't realy remember.

Was a header aimed at Gordon which Dom would've smashed home against Chelsea. Gray had a scuffed shot just wide in the same game.

Today, Gray got on the end of a cross and had a poor touch in that first half right in front of goal. Then there was the flurries at the end.

Both games have little in chances (Villa and Chelsea didn't create much either) but personally think with the right focal point we get goals out of those chances.

Gordon, McNeil, and Gray are doing things they're not good at doing. If that changes to them whipping crosses into a target or being brought in by a striker....it chances the tune.

Out attacking stats are better than Villas today.

Total Shots

Villa 12 Everton 15

Shots off target

Villa 4 Everton 2

Shots on target

Villa 4 Everton 4

Blocked shots

Villa 4 Everton 9

Shots inside box

Villa 10 Everton 11

Shots outside box

Villa 2 Everton 4

Egnored apparently lol lol
Hi ForeverACringworthyTexan92,

I’ve explained this numerous times, but i don’t think you can understand simple directions. So I’ll show you in picture format.

Hopefully this lets you understand

796D4A8F-154E-4928-8B16-A8B344CEDFEB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.