2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all in all Frank is doing ok, I know the last 3 games have been tough and our attacking has been non existent, but I’m more than happy with the defence, midfield is ok but I would like to see Garner,Davies an Doucoure rotated in the team more. Up top where our main issues seem to lay I think we have just enough to compete (we do need more though) but Frank must find a way to get them being more of a threat, I do have the feeling we’ve been set up to try and draw the last 3 which isn’t the way because when we concede we are totally clueless how to attack, that’s where I see Frank as a bit weak in game management and he must buck he’s ideas up there.

Who would you get in?

Lampard isn't getting sacked until the fanbase inevitably turn in masse when they realise he isn't the messiah just a naughty boy.

That'll probably be next season as this one will be wrote off as "transition".

But to answer the question my friend - so long as Big Kev Thelwell gets to make that decision then I'll be happy as thats when we know the clubs actually being run in the right way in regards to the DOF structure.

Personally - dream scenario if we went back to a back 3 under Thelwell would be Tuchel, realistic would be Thomas Fronk who has a rag tag bunch of Championship players at Brentford (minus Toney) doing a good job and playing some decent togger.

Not necessary the back two in the centre are rock solid, do we really need a defensive midfielder too? a more attacking midfielder in a 4-4- 2 formation - we need goals ....

Onana can do that but I think Doucoure is probably better offensively. I think he'll start or at least should as I think Onana looked shagged against Newcastle

The CD was sorted out for buttons.

McNeil looks to be as poor a use of cash as we've seen in the Moshiri era. Lightweight and one paced. No one can tell me we couldn't have put that cash to better use in terms of adding a cutting edge to our attack.

I believe it's widely known that we wanted Cornet, but couldn't front the cash. I don't think McNeil would have cost what he did had we been able to front up more cash.

I think it's too early to write him off, but you may well be proven right of course.

As for CD, I genuinely believe we would have sold 1 or 2 of Holgate, Keane or Mina, had it not been for the injuries to Godfrey and Mina early doors. I think this may have hindered our planning. It's unfortunate, but that's what it's like when you're wheeling and dealing on a financial tightrope. It's the years of poor spending that has left us in this position.

One poor signing shouldn't be enough to be viewed as critical, because all managers make poor signings at times. Unfortunately for us though, everything is magnified at the moment, because of years of poor management. If Haaland had flopped at Citeh, for example, they'd have still challenged for the title and played brilliant football, because good management means they never actually need major surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.