2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes...'likeable' might sound a somewhat anodyne adjective...but, given the arduous travails of our recent, fractious and divisive relegation threatened traverses, it comports no little significance.
I like this team; I presage much better times ahead.

And God knows, we've all earned at least, that little shard of optimism...

Are you Simon Jordan?

I know its been said before, but I did kinda, not fall out of love, cos as we all know, Everton is forever, but lets say I cared less.

We had that stain in the dugout and honestly I felt no love for the majority of the players, sure I had my favs, like Dominator, a few I didnt mind, but for me personally it was an Everton low point for sure. Then Frank came in, the results didnt improve and we dropped and we dropped.

And then Palace.

Since then, we have signed some players I can get behind, the likes of Pickers, hell even Iwobi have shown their worth.

Today we got our first win of the season, its not champagne football and we sit firmly rooted in the bottom half still, but you can see a plan, an improvement and something to fully get behind and support. You start to dream again, you ignore that voice in your head that keeps telling you how it ends and you dream.

Life without hopes and dreams is no life at all.

Know what you mean mate, I kinda drifted away hugely over a couple of years, starting from fat Sam - Carlo roped me back in a bit but the COVID stuff limited how much as it didn't feel the same, then El Toado arrived and for the first time ever I was happy scheduling stuff for matches days, lessons, family stuff etc rather than moving stuff around desperate to try keep it free.

Can well and truly say Lampard has drawn me right back in in spades now

The most important, thing is we have a plan. We can see what we are trying to do. A solid spine of the team. Loads of experience, with some younger talented players learning. From what I can see, our recruitment has been spot on. Especially for a club that was so low last season.

The most important, thing is we have a plan. We can see what we are trying to do. A solid spine of the team. Loads of experience, with some younger talented players learning. From what I can see, our recruitment has been spot on. Especially for a club that was so low last season.

Except McNeil - I can't work that one out yet!

I think it depends Dave, if we are comfortably sitting in mid table, I don't see us spending, if we are struggling, I think we will perhaps splash a bit of cash, or, perhaps utilise our remaining domestic loan space, to bring in a goal scorer. Having said that, I don't expect us to struggle and will be surprised if we see many ins in January.

The way the league is this season mate, we could spend in order to try push into a European spot, right now there's three teams out ahead and a lot of others in a big group.

Being hard to beat is always a good look - I really couldn't stand the spineless capitulations, at least gritty 1-0s look a bit more Everton - clearly they need to work on attack but they've started in the right place.

Him and Potter are the two managers I don't mind listening to.

Frank has obviously, put a very good backroom staff. The players are looking happy, working very hard. Which is normally a sign of good man management.

The midfield and defence signing have been absolutely spot on. Malpay is a good premier League striker to. Imagine if we still had Richarlison in this team?

When you look how soft we were last season in defence and midfield they have done amazingly to transform the side so quickly basically with the Richarlison money. We look solid in defence and the midfield no longer looks like it will just part to let sides run at our defence. Well in Lampard and the team backing him up.

Still a way to go but the building blocks are in place now.

Except McNeil - I can't work that one out yet!

Hard working squad player, here to do a job for a few years. We got him because we only had to front up £5 million.

Not every permanent transfer has to be a roaring success. Some just need to be useful. If we get a couple of years out of him as a squad player, then flog him to. say a Bournemouth, Norwich, West Brom or Burnley, for £10 -15m , then it won't be the worst bit of business we've done if the small up front payment helps build the squad for the short to medium term.

When you look how soft we were last season in defence and midfield they have done amazingly to transform the side so quickly basically with the Richarlison money. We look solid in defence and the midfield no longer looks like it will just part to let sides run at our defence. Well in Lampard and the team backing him up.

Still a way to go but the building blocks are in place now.
The turnaround has been remarkable and the squad looks so much better all round.

Such a wonderful man, he’s slowly bringing our pride back; the monumental stain from last season is slowly being removed.

He’s identified issues and resolved them, he’s got a plan and we’re on that track. He needs to be supported in January, more creativity is needed in those wings.

And just think people wanted him gone not long back, demanding his head in March and jumping on him this season. Shame on you all

SUPER
SUPER FRANK

The way the league is this season mate, we could spend in order to try push into a European spot, right now there's three teams out ahead and a lot of others in a big group.
We could, but, I'm not sure the money would be there for anything but a short term stop gap in January. Lampard and Thelwell seem to have a profile of player in mind that they want to add to the squad. I think if we are ok, which hope we are, that we will wait until the summer, get some more players out and bring in a player/some players that fit their profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.