2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank's season: 29 games, 20 points.

Still seemingly absolving himself of any blame. His comments after yesterday's game; "...Chelsea fans understand the tough position we were in when I came here..."

He will now be the benchmark to which other appalling managers will be compared to, Lampardesque.

Pretty sure he got the job because his playing reputation was amplified by his footballing family and Lampard is perfect example of why cronyism should not be a thing.
Are we talking about us or Chelsea MKII? Genuinely, I still don't think he did a terrible job during his first period at Chelsea considering all the circumstances.

When it came to his appointment here, many of us preferred him over the madness of Pereira. As one of two apparent choices, I get why it happened.

But, in hindsight, it was the wrong decision. The worst part however was keeping him too long when it became clear that he was way out of his depth.

Would I go back and choose Pereira? I doubt it, actually. In terms of Chelsea appointing him again, the only thing I can think is that he's a Chelsea man.

He will be a yes man, give them time between appointing again and appease the fans to some extent, but his reputation is now completely in tatters.

Status
Not open for further replies.