2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard will likely go down as the man who relegated Everton.

I just dont see how he recovers career wise.
It's David Moyes to Man United all over again. Lampard, like Moyes before him when United came knocking, probably felt he could not turn down the job. But a cooler head on a man who knew his limitations would have, perhaps, graciously turned down the offer and positioned it PR-wise as him rejecting an unstable club because "the time was not right". In the long run, that might have worked out better.

The likes of Lampard don't want to do their apprenticeships. They refuse to do the hard yards lower down the league pyramid and prove their chops. That's because, deep down, they know they have nothing unique to offer except vibes. Had Lampard promoted Derby, then fair enough. Stick with them for a year - keep them in the division - and then, perhaps, a move to an Everton would have made some sense. A move to Chelsea definitely never did because he only got that job because he was a playing legend for them.

It's David Moyes to Man United all over again. Lampard, like Moyes before him when United came knocking, probably felt he could not turn down the job. But a cooler head on a man who knew his limitations would have, perhaps, graciously turned down the offer and positioned it PR-wise as him rejecting an unstable club because "the time was not right". In the long run, that might have worked out better.

The likes of Lampard don't want to do their apprenticeships. They refuse to do the hard yards lower down the league pyramid and prove their chops. That's because, deep down, they know they have nothing unique to offer except vibes. Had Lampard promoted Derby, then fair enough. Stick with them for a year - keep them in the division - and then, perhaps, a move to an Everton would have made some sense. A move to Chelsea definitely never did because he only got that job because he was a playing legend for them.

He is just an awful manager.

The people who still supported him at the end of his reign of terror need to look at themselves in the mirror.

He would have relegated us.

I don't really see what's so bad with saying that Lampard seemed like a pleasant bloke who spoke well and respected the club's history, whilst still being out of his depth and deserving of the sack

I know nuance is a confusing concept for people perennially online, but come on
totally agree. A nice guy really seemed to understand the club. We met him in a pub in Cheshire, took time out to speak to my son and myself. Spoke highly of wanting to get us back to where we belong. This was just before Onana was announced so in the summer.
Just out of his depth, he has moved on and so should we. Wish him all the best in the future

It's not mutually exclusive to be a good guy but a bad manager. My problem is that I don't know the guy, and have no idea if he's a good guy - if that's even relevant.

My other problem is that people say he understood the club, but no one tells me what he specifically did to show that he understood the club, or what it means to understand the club. There was nothing on the football field that made the fans in the stands rise in passion.

So to me he is just an extremely bad manager, all talk and no substance, and who seduced over half the forum here - even when the ship was obviously going down.

It's not mutually exclusive to be a good guy but a bad manager. My problem is that I don't know the guy, and have no idea if he's a good guy - if that's even relevant.

My other problem is that people say he understood the club, but no one tells me what he specifically did to show that he understood the club, or what it means to understand the club. There was nothing on the football field that made the fans in the stands rise in passion.

So to me he is just an extremely bad manager, all talk and no substance, and who seduced over half the forum here - even when the ship was obviously going down.

His job was to get results on the pitch and he failed massively.

He would have relegated us.

Dont think you can really compare it with Moyes. He was given no time at Man Utd. The expectations there were totally unrealistic at the time with the dogturd squad he had been left by Sir Gammon. Less patience at that club than ours, entitled lot with their huge bags of unlimited cash. Its taken them years after Moyes left to get close to the top again.

This is just a complete revisionist myth. Can you please find and quote any posts that we’re calling for him to keep his job post-Bournemouth? It should be easy enough, seeing as over half the forum apparently thought this.

This is just a complete revisionist myth. Can you please find and quote any posts that we’re calling for him to keep his job post-Bournemouth? It should be easy enough, seeing as over half the forum apparently thought this.

Screenshot_20230207_124204_Chrome.jpg

I don't want to be too disparaging about the guy. He came here, tried to buy into the club and did his best.

The fact is though that he was an insane choice to begin with. He had zero track record of improving any club he'd been at. Eventually, because of the lunatic asylum at the top of the club, it seemed to come down to a straight choice between Lampard and Pereira and because Pereira was seen as Kia's man, everyone clamoured for Lampard. There were usually reasonable people up in arms about it despite the fact that Pereira's record, however patchy, was at least as good as Lampard's.

Genuinely, people seemed to have taken leave of their senses on it, all because he was seen as "young and hungry" and would unite the fanbase. Actual scrutiny of his ability as a coach seemed to be of secondary importance. Seems as mental to me now as it did then.

We can all agree he was out of his depth, but unlike previous failures here (Walker, Benitez etc) he was respectful, tried his hardest and did his best to help the club build in a wider capacity. Just a shame that he was so wanting.

You won't find me slagging him off, but he should have been sacked earlier than he was because he simply wasn't up to it. That isn't his fault, it's the fault of the loons who run the club and it's those same loons who thought he was worth employing in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.