2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is just an awful manager.

The people who still supported him at the end of his reign of terror need to look at themselves in the mirror.

He would have relegated us.
I fear the damage he has already done probably still will...

As an Executive Recruiter, there was absolutely nothing in Lampard´s CV to suggest he was the right man for the Everton job.

Our Board pick managers based on an interview and who is best at the interview gets the job.

Bizarre stuff!!

Dyche yeah. Been there, done that at the level we are at. Right age. Ex players talk very highly of him.

Can operate in limited resources environment.

His hiring makes a lot of sense.

It's David Moyes to Man United all over again. Lampard, like Moyes before him when United came knocking, probably felt he could not turn down the job. But a cooler head on a man who knew his limitations would have, perhaps, graciously turned down the offer and positioned it PR-wise as him rejecting an unstable club because "the time was not right". In the long run, that might have worked out better.

The likes of Lampard don't want to do their apprenticeships. They refuse to do the hard yards lower down the league pyramid and prove their chops. That's because, deep down, they know they have nothing unique to offer except vibes. Had Lampard promoted Derby, then fair enough. Stick with them for a year - keep them in the division - and then, perhaps, a move to an Everton would have made some sense. A move to Chelsea definitely never did because he only got that job because he was a playing legend for them.
Comparing Moyes to Lampard. Sure. Next you will compare a Ferrari to a Fiat 500?

As an Executive Recruiter, there was absolutely nothing in Lampard´s CV to suggest he was the right man for the Everton job.

Our Board pick managers based on an interview and who is best at the interview gets the job.

Bizarre stuff!!

Dyche yeah. Been there, done that at the level we are at. Right age. Ex players talk very highly of him.

Well it’s very early days for dyche, frank first 2 games he won 4-1 and 3-0 and also had 1-0 victories over Chelsea and Utd.

It’s was the owner and board who decided the 3 best candidates, were Frank, Peirara and Dunc

Comparing Moyes to Lampard. Sure. Next you will compare a Ferrari to a Fiat 500?
Comprehension isn't your strong point. I wasn't comparing them as managers. I was comparing their situations: both were objectively unqualified for the jobs they took that led to their downfalls because their skillsets were not suited to the jobs in hand.

In Moyes's case, his great ability to spot a player on the cheap had next to no value at a club that could spend what it wanted. What was valuable to cash-strapped Everton was irrelevant at cash-rich United.

In Lampard's case, vibes. Those fumes always run out quickly when a full rebuild that doesn't relegate a club in the meantime is required.

And the idea that Moyes was ever a Ferrari is, frankly, hilarious. He was a Mini, at best.

Bizarre stuff!!

It’s funny I’m sure I read something a while ago that dyche had had a couple of poor interviews at clubs . I don’t know whether it was just gossip, whether they were informal or whatever but it’s believable at certain football clubs that charisma and a powerful presentation could have real influence compared to cv’s. Certainly at our club I think we’ve been charmed , whether that’s with Frank’s affability or other manager dropping names or telling tales Of their careers .

Status
Not open for further replies.