2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom 3 at this stage is unacceptable, what a crap show. Sorry Frank but time's up because we don't look capable of turning it around.

I do worry if that coaching team can't get them to transfer what they practice on the training pitch to the match, it's going to be a tough tough ask for anyone.

Our goalk now is to finish above 3 other teams, that for me is a disgrace for this club in 2023.

Usually managers have a way they want to play and then buy players to fit into that system. Why did he choose to buy the likes of Tarkowski and Mcneil who have been playing a certain way at Burnley for years and then ask them to try and play a different way. Coady had been usually playing in a 5 and Maupay had been playing a different system again. Square pegs round holes. No clue!

He got his team relegated, Big Sam never got a team relegated. There’s a difference here
“Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher branded Burnley's decision to sack Dyche as a 'joke', adding on Twitter: "If you had given him a decent budget you would never have had a worry about getting relegated."

Fellow Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville added: "Well done to Sean Dyche for doing one of the great managerial jobs in PL history. He had a bantamweight budget and yet punched hard against the heavyweights for years."

The job he done there is incredibly underrated. The “budget” he had to work with there was an absolute joke, and yet he guided them to TWO promotions, a 7th place finish and incredibly European football, and kept them in the division for years. People on here slate our players as “championship standard “ but our squad is champions league material compared to the ragbag of misfits he somehow made a decent outfit out of at Burnley!

I really really hate the way the financial aspect of the game has made it almost impossible to catch up. If your owner has the money, he should be allowed to spend it. It's basically become a closed shop, the only way to do it is the backing of someone like Toon and City have.

I just don't see how we can compete with teams that can spend £100m on one player and probably over £50m most of the squad, which is higher than our record signing. The likes of City, Chelsea, Utd, RS are all able to spend more than we ever can, game's rigged from top to bottom to favour certain clubs in the CL.

CL is a farce, it is just a cash cow for a handful of teams, the only teams that win it, about 6 of them in the mix every season. You no longer see the likes of red Star Belgrade or Anderlecht get anywhere near a final, both clubs have been winners in the past, even Aberdeen and Dundee Utd had good runs in cups in the 80's, nowhere to be seen, even in their own league which is a farce..

I hate football these days, it's done as a competitive sport for all but a few.

Bottom 3 at this stage is unacceptable, what a crap show. Sorry Frank but time's up because we don't look capable of turning it around.

I do worry if that coaching team can't get them to transfer what they practice on the training pitch to the match, it's going to be a tough tough ask for anyone.

Our goalk now is to finish above 3 other teams, that for me is a disgrace for this club in 2023.
Aside from Southampton, every other side in this league play better and more effective football than we do.
We can all go on about lack of quality but when that Brighton starting 11 rip us to bits through simple transitions with and without the ball, then the questions need to land at Frank and his coaching team.
The training videos are all happy smiling players and coaches, the drills they show are small sided games or shooting drills where it makes out we are great.
It's bollocks tbh as non of what happens on that training pitch is working when it comes to 11v11 on match day.
Up til now the only reason we are not bottom is because we brought in 2 old school centre halves who have threw themselves in the way of every shot/cross/high ball for 18 games and we have rode our luck defensively. That lucks running out and Frank stands on the sideline looking pensive with neither an idea how to change it or how to even motivate the players to lift performance levels.
Way way out of his depth and he's had nearly a full season now and we've gone backwards.

“Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher branded Burnley's decision to sack Dyche as a 'joke', adding on Twitter: "If you had given him a decent budget you would never have had a worry about getting relegated."

Fellow Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville added: "Well done to Sean Dyche for doing one of the great managerial jobs in PL history. He had a bantamweight budget and yet punched hard against the heavyweights for years."

The job he done there is incredibly underrated. The “budget” he had to work with there was an absolute joke, and yet he guided them to TWO promotions, a 7th place finish and incredibly European football, and kept them in the division for years. People on here slate our players as “championship standard “ but our squad is champions league material compared to the ragbag of misfits he somehow made a decent outfit out of at Burnley!
People said the same about Tony Pullis keeping Stoke in the division for years on minimal budget…do you want him?

Keeping him for the United game shows once again how incompetent the board are. They have no plan.

Any well run club would have been sounding replacements out during the World Cup break.

Clowns. The FA cup can get swerved, we are 18th.

I really really hate the way the financial aspect of the game has made it almost impossible to catch up. If your owner has the money, he should be allowed to spend it. It's basically become a closed shop, the only way to do it is the backing of someone like Toon and City have.

I just don't see how we can compete with teams that can spend £100m on one player and probably over £50m most of the squad, which is higher than our record signing. The likes of City, Chelsea, Utd, RS are all able to spend more than we ever can, game's rigged from top to bottom to favour certain clubs in the CL.

CL is a farce, it is just a cash cow for a handful of teams, the only teams that win it, about 6 of them in the mix every season. You no longer see the likes of red Star Belgrade or Anderlecht get anywhere near a final, both clubs have been winners in the past, even Aberdeen and Dundee Utd had good runs in cups in the 80's, nowhere to be seen, even in their own league which is a farce..

I hate football these days, it's done as a competitive sport for all but a few.
I agree with pretty much all of this. Honestly, football WAS better before the Premier League - at least it was if "competitiveness" and "hope" are your metrics. At the risk of sounding like the old fart I am, clubs like Ipswich Town, Nottingham Forest, Norwich City, Wimbledon, Coventry City, Luton Town, Southampton, and West Ham United all had - and in each case took - silverware opportunities.

That's before we add in genuinely big clubs who are now complete also-rans...Leeds United, Aston Villa...Everton. We won't talk about Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, and Sunderland - all of whom were league champions or cup winners in the 1970s to the early 1990s before the Premier League.

In Europe, numerous clubs could aspire to a trophy. Eastern Europe has been wiped off the map since the Champions League took off and consolidated money in less than a dozen western clubs. And it effectively banished the great clubs of small western European nations too, like Anderlecht, Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Standard, Club Brugge, Sporting, Porto, Benfica, Celtic, Rangers, Gothenburg, Malmo... I mean, this is Holland, Sweden, Portugal, and Belgium we are talking about: rich western European countries with incredible football cultures.

Scottish football in the mid-80s was amongst the best in Europe. Dundee United and Aberdeen were feared across the continent. Celtic and Rangers were strong, too. Clubs like Steaua and Porto could win Big Ears.

Now? A super-elite circus with a handful of super clubs playing the highest standard of football ever seen. Great from an aesthetic perspective, but dreadful from a sporting one. It's the difference between artistic expression and competition. Personally, I'd much prefer a slightly lower standard with more competition. But we're not even on the road to a SuperLeague now - we already have it in practice if not in name.

Problem with Paterson’s injury is it cuts down our attacking options even more. He did look like one outlet for getting in advanced positions and putting decent balls in the box.

Coleman will do a job and is solid but he doesn’t get forward much these days and with Myko on the other flank being the invisible man in the opposition half - there’s no threat from fullback.

Not ideal when we have little threat through the centre of the pitch in midfield, Onana, Gana aren’t really progressive/creative passers and Iwobi is inconsistent. Add wingers who are championship standard and I really don’t see any real threats or combinations in the team for consistent routes to goal.

Getting linked with loans for cast offs in the market as well - wake up Thelwell/board, look at the position we’re in. We’re going down and you’re getting 100% of the blame from me.

People said the same about Tony Pullis keeping Stoke in the division for years on minimal budget…do you want him?
Hardly comparable is it? The bloke is in his 60’s and has been irrelevant for many many years, f course I wouldn’t want him. But back in the day Pullis did do a good job at Stoke there’s no denying that. Howe relegated Bournemouth and the main criticism was that he couldn’t organise a defence (bit like Martinez) and they conceded goals for fun. Howe was always laughed off on here as a possible candidate. He now has one of the best defensive records in the league at Newcastle and what a job he’s doing there. He had them upwardly mobile before they started splashing the cash as well and they’ve hardly gone and brought a load of expensive superstars. Not everyone is going to be onboard with Dyche and that’s fair enough, we all have our opinions. But personally, I think he’d get a tune out of this squad and would demand nothing less than 100% from each and every one of them.

Hardly comparable is it? The bloke is in his 60’s and has been irrelevant for many many years, f course I wouldn’t want him. But back in the day Pullis did do a good job at Stoke there’s no denying that. Howe relegated Bournemouth and the main criticism was that he couldn’t organise a defence (bit like Martinez) and they conceded goals for fun. Howe was always laughed off on here as a possible candidate. He now has one of the best defensive records in the league at Newcastle and what a job he’s doing there. He had them upwardly mobile before they started splashing the cash as well and they’ve hardly gone and brought a load of expensive superstars. Not everyone is going to be onboard with Dyche and that’s fair enough, we all have our opinions. But personally, I think he’d get a tune out of this squad and would demand nothing less than 100% from each and every one of them.
A rousing defence - he should hire you as his agent….still a massive no!

Status
Not open for further replies.