2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher branded Burnley's decision to sack Dyche as a 'joke', adding on Twitter: "If you had given him a decent budget you would never have had a worry about getting relegated."

Fellow Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville added: "Well done to Sean Dyche for doing one of the great managerial jobs in PL history. He had a bantamweight budget and yet punched hard against the heavyweights for years."

The job he done there is incredibly underrated. The “budget” he had to work with there was an absolute joke, and yet he guided them to TWO promotions, a 7th place finish and incredibly European football, and kept them in the division for years. People on here slate our players as “championship standard “ but our squad is champions league material compared to the ragbag of misfits he somehow made a decent outfit out of at Burnley!
Good point.

In fairness they were already well adrift when Sam took them over. And that’s his only relegation.

The question was "he's never had a relegation on his CV".

He has.
Plus he had about 15 games to get them out of trouble though @Littlesue will be able to confirm how long he was given.

Edit - he took over West Brom on 20th December 2020, 13 matches into the season. So he had 25 matches plus the whole of the January window at his disposal.

I really really hate the way the financial aspect of the game has made it almost impossible to catch up. If your owner has the money, he should be allowed to spend it. It's basically become a closed shop, the only way to do it is the backing of someone like Toon and City have.

I just don't see how we can compete with teams that can spend £100m on one player and probably over £50m most of the squad, which is higher than our record signing. The likes of City, Chelsea, Utd, RS are all able to spend more than we ever can, game's rigged from top to bottom to favour certain clubs in the CL.

CL is a farce, it is just a cash cow for a handful of teams, the only teams that win it, about 6 of them in the mix every season. You no longer see the likes of red Star Belgrade or Anderlecht get anywhere near a final, both clubs have been winners in the past, even Aberdeen and Dundee Utd had good runs in cups in the 80's, nowhere to be seen, even in their own league which is a farce..

I hate football these days, it's done as a competitive sport for all but a few.
But teams that don’t spend big can and do make it into the top 6.

Still here?

He's getting Southampton isn't he? Dom King saying he's "well liked" so been given time.

Don't get it. Coldly firing previous managers after spending millions. Then because one is a "nice guy" they're letting him sink the club .

Still here?

He's getting Southampton isn't he? Dom King saying he's "well liked" so been given time.

Don't get it. Coldly firing previous managers after spending millions. Then because one is a "nice guy" they're letting him sink the club .
He's a nice guy that has also bigged up chairman meow and DBB numerous times in interviews and also went up and got them involved in the footage of the Crystal Palace post match celebrations.

Of course he is well liked. Bill has always demonstrated a fondness for those that blow smoke up his well remunerated rear end.

The question was "he's never had a relegation on his CV".

He has.
Plus he had about 15 games to get them out of trouble though @Littlesue will be able to confirm how long he was given.

Edit - he took over West Brom on 20th December 2020, 13 matches into the season. So he had 25 matches plus the whole of the January window at his disposal.
What's frightening is were in just a poor a situation, possible worse by the time the board sack Frank as they might be waiting until we loose to Southampton before getting rid

There's a lot of deficiencies with this squad, that's clear. But it's better than 18th, we saw that at the weekend.

Good management, whether that's Frank or someone else, will get us just about safe.
What we saw at the weekend is the same thing we have been seeing for the last 5 years. This squad is alright when asked to sit deep and defend for their lives against good teams. Problem is that doesn’t work against the other 13 teams in the league and you only get points out of the big teams anyway.

Absolutely suicidal way of playing over the course of a season. Teams that make that their style of play always always always end up going down eventually when their luck runs out.

Lampard is right to indentify this however the squad seem to either have no ability or intention to play this way (sadly I think it is the second) and until someone really gets a grip on the club it won’t happen.

18th.
3 wins in 18.
Lost 19 in 36.
Enough is enough.
And looks like the board has no plan after losing to Bournemouth for 1-7 in two games.
Sack the board we need proper football people to run the club.

What’s a positive result against united? Surely that’s a win? Or is the bird saying a draw and you keep your job?
I reckon a valiant defeat and he stays in the job.

It’s so amateur - ‘let’s base a decision that will have massive impact on the club’s history to one ultimately meaningless fa cup game’ - how about basing it on the previous 30 games of his tenure and the fact we are in the relegation zone. A decent performance away to United won’t make the clear evidence that Lampard isn’t up to this job go away.

It may well be that Moshiri is being as good as his word on this one. A year ago he said "Maybe together, me and the fans should be more patient - I am also impatient."

I'm not saying this is the right approach here. There was nothing about Lampard's CV which said he was the right man for the job, nor has there been anything about his performance here which suggests otherwise, but it may well be that Moshiri is doubling down here and backing the man all his advisors have said he needs to get behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.