2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only assume they are using the cup exit on Friday as a foil. New manager must be lined up and ready to take over the following day, they just don’t want them to start away at United. Madness if we think it will now miraculously turn around under Lampard

He’s talking crap - we got safe and he didn’t change a thing, just kept on with the ale house grock footy.
Maybe but could be what he thought was the best way to set up with squad at the time. And it appears Frank has no idea what is the best way to set up with current squad.

I can only assume they are using the cup exit on Friday as a foil. New manager must be lined up and ready to take over the following day, they just don’t want them to start away at United. Madness if we think it will now miraculously turn around under Lampard
When have we ever had a manager lined up and ready when we sacked one? Virtually every time we sack a manager it takes us another month to hire the next one. More likely the board just haven't thought about it until last night.

Villa had Emery lined up days after they sacked Gerrard we won't do that though the club will wait till it gets even worse then sack him then take weeks to appoint the next one. Club won't change with these clowns in charge we are spiraling downwards because of their chronic mismanagement. Zero faith they appoint a good manager. Zero faith they bring in desperately needed forwards. Zero faith we stay up.

We need to be playing 442 hit the ball into the channels have Gordon and Gray running into it and getting the ball into the box no good keeping the ball passing it about as we don’t have the players through the middle to unlock defences with key passes, we look clueless on the ball no movement players getting the ball out there feet like it’s a hot potato. Hit the channels cross the ball or pump it long not pretty but I’d imagine we’d have more success playing that way with a clear style of play at the moment we’re clueless

What is the long-term plan in terms of identity on the field?

What is the long term plan according to player logistics?

What is the long-term plan according to the hiring of managers?

Of course it is difficult. That is why it is all the more important to work systematically. That is why it is important to employ the people with the greatest competence, and people who are innovative. "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

As for Benitez, I agree, but of course there were a lot of bad feelings involved. So it was complicated. Based on that, it was a completely wrong appointment. Although I think we would be in a much better state now if he hadn't been sacked, but unlike Lampard, Benitez is an experienced manager who has a proven record.

I would rather say, we need to start hiring the right managers. After all, there's a reason they get fired. But to hire the right manager you need to have a concept, not just base yourself on ad hoc solutions.
I read that Kevin Thelwell has a 120 point plan to transform the club, as part of an overall strategic review. So, having seen the detail of that, people may be positive or negative about aspects of it. But it seemed extreme to say there was 'no' plan, when this initiative exists

It's seemed to me Everton have been hiring pretty much the best managers available to them on the market each time (although, yes maybe underestimated the fan backlash re Benitez), so it seems the problem is bigger than the manager choices....

Status
Not open for further replies.