2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that article:

Reflecting on where Everton currently are, Lampard said: "We are much more solid defensively than what we were last year, and we are much more resilient. We are harder to play through in the middle of the park.

This man does not have a clue
Any team can be more solid defensively if they totally dismiss having anything in attack. The team is clearly and obviously worse than last season and he is part of the reason. Baffling why he is kept on and could be a contributing factor to relegation.

Digne against Lincoln in the cup 3 years ago. To be honest I can’t think of the last time we had a free kick around the edge of the box. Couldn’t tell you who’d take it if we had one.

Crystal Palace at home last season (last home game of thr season) Richarlison clipped the top of the bar from a direct free kick first half.

I want him to stay and build something hiring and firing is only sending us backwards, I like him but he is also tactically a bit naive and I am not seeing enough progression or identity yet. I want him to get the window to bring some player in and actually build a system that works it looks to me like he isnt setting the team up the way he wants he would rather like that fast, pressing football because we don't have key creative or forward elements. So maybe its back to being hard to beat and counter attacking away and a bit more attacking at home. But also let's be real as much as hiring and firing isn't helping us we don't pick up a win or two in the next few home games he's going to be under big pressure for his job. The sad thing is the we will be where we were last January because I don't believe our revered board will have a idea of a new manager. It's grim.

Last edited:

Any team can be more solid defensively if they totally dismiss having anything in attack. The team is clearly and obviously worse than last season and he is part of the reason. Baffling why he is kept on and could be a contributing factor to relegation.
What sparkling attackers in our ranks would you pick?

He is factually correct. He mentioned nothing about the attack side of our game.

I do know that he talked about working on different attacking patterns ahead of the Sydney game.

What sparkling attackers in our ranks would you pick?

He is factually correct. He mentioned nothing about the attack side of our game.

I do know that he talked about working on different attacking patterns ahead of the Sydney game.
I agree the attackers aren't great. But at the same time I would say that not a single Bournemouth attacker is better than what we have and they have 7 more goals. So they are clearly managing to do something Frank is incapable of doing with superior players.

It’s not as though we were playing free flowing attacking football before he arrived though, He has done the right thing by building a tight defence. We do need to be much better, but I’m pretty sure Ashley Cole / Frank Lampard know that and also know how to achieve that.

6E9A00CD-A13E-4D53-A1A1-D7BD8742005B.jpeg

I am firmly in the pro Frank camp and not just because he is a nice guy

I think there’s alot of Stockholm syndrome with some of our fans in regards to Management…

I think its safe to say Moyes, Roberto (until the end of his second season) and Carlo were the only really heavily supported managers we have had in the last 20 odd years

But even the great Carlo Ancelotti, with a firing DCL, a creative James Rodriguez and Lucas Digne was in free fall towards the end and we were fortunate to scrape 10th

You need a serious reality check if you think that a manager whether it be Zidane, Guardiola, Klopp, Galtier or whomever could walk into the club and just have some magic philosophy that would turn the club around

We are a bottom half football team and the quicker that realisation comes the better off you will feel- not defeatist because i don’t think its permanent…but it is the situation

Since the last time we consistently challenged for europe on a regular basis i have had a kid and that kid has grown up and gone through school… literally a life time ago

The big magic takeover hasn’t provided the expected results and here we are

In Frank we have a manager who has brought together a world class staffing team with him and has recently been joined by a highly rated football director who hasn’t been given much time to work yet

The short memory of fans continues when you don’t consider the post Carlo months, Everton fans were literally fighting each-other, the club was fractured hate and anger was over flowing at every turn

Frank settled that, and quickly invested in the culture of the club, he is the solid baseline, he is also not going to run at the next opportunity that comes knocking… he wants to build a legacy…

His financially restricted transfer windows saw him bring in stop gaps to a horrendous midfield in Donny and Dele… not the best players in the world but Donny was solid and a good ball distributor and Dele changed the Palace game… this got us through relegation

He then shored up the defence provided depth to the midfield and has some squad player level forward options

To think he would be able to buy an entirely new team in one window again is nothing but foolish

Dom has turned into an absolute sick note and needs shifting as soon as possible… Gordo’s head was turned and the pressure dialled too high for his capability of handling it… and we don’t play the right football to make the most out of Maupay who i feel is more aligned to the Cahill role than upfront…

I had the pleasure of having a really good talk with him and truly believe him when he told me that there has been non stop on depth work being done to ensure we bolster the clubs attacking power in January

Vs Palace we saw how he wants to play, and to be honest thats how we want Everton to play, yes Palace weren’t great, but intense pressure football with distribution equal through the middle and wings and a finisher slotting home, a sured up defence that is only really susceptible on the counter which is the risk you take pushing high…

Thats my 2c anyways

8CE39147-6DC0-48D5-949C-A99A1B9A8A51.jpeg

View attachment 193837

I am firmly in the pro Frank camp and not just because he is a nice guy

I think there’s alot of Stockholm syndrome with some of our fans in regards to Management…

I think its safe to say Moyes, Roberto (until the end of his second season) and Carlo were the only really heavily supported managers we have had in the last 20 odd years

But even the great Carlo Ancelotti, with a firing Dominic Calvert-Lewin, a creative James Rodriguez and Lucas Digne was in free fall towards the end and we were fortunate to scrape 10th

You need a serious reality check if you think that a manager whether it be Zidane, Guardiola, Klopp, Galtier or whomever could walk into the club and just have some magic philosophy that would turn the club around

We are a bottom half football team and the quicker that realisation comes the better off you will feel- not defeatist because i don’t think its permanent…but it is the situation

Since the last time we consistently challenged for europe on a regular basis i have had a kid and that kid has grown up and gone through school… literally a life time ago

The big magic takeover hasn’t provided the expected results and here we are

In Frank we have a manager who has brought together a world class staffing team with him and has recently been joined by a highly rated football director who hasn’t been given much time to work yet

The short memory of fans continues when you don’t consider the post Carlo months, Everton fans were literally fighting each-other, the club was fractured hate and anger was over flowing at every turn

Frank settled that, and quickly invested in the culture of the club, he is the solid baseline, he is also not going to run at the next opportunity that comes knocking… he wants to build a legacy…

His financially restricted transfer windows saw him bring in stop gaps to a horrendous midfield in Donny and Dele… not the best players in the world but Donny was solid and a good ball distributor and Dele changed the Palace game… this got us through relegation

He then shored up the defence provided depth to the midfield and has some squad player level forward options

To think he would be able to buy an entirely new team in one window again is nothing but foolish

Dom has turned into an absolute sick note and needs shifting as soon as possible… Gordo’s head was turned and the pressure dialled too high for his capability of handling it… and we don’t play the right football to make the most out of Maupay who i feel is more aligned to the Cahill role than upfront…

I had the pleasure of having a really good talk with him and truly believe him when he told me that there has been non stop on depth work being done to ensure we bolster the clubs attacking power in January

Vs Palace we saw how he wants to play, and to be honest thats how we want Everton to play, yes Palace weren’t great, but intense pressure football with distribution equal through the middle and wings and a finisher slotting home, a sured up defence that is only really susceptible on the counter which is the risk you take pushing high…

Thats my 2c anyways

View attachment 193839
I don’t think people are flapping because where not challenging for European places everyone knows where rubbish people are flapping because we’re 17th 1 point above the bottom 3

Equally ridiculous only being 15 games into a season
It's not when you take his record while he has been here, results are dire, football is awful, game after game either one shot on goal or none.
Played 38 competive games
Won 12 lost 19
I would love him.to Succeed,
but he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he will do.
Other than we can't keep changing managers arguments, I can't see a single thing to say he shouldn't be under pressure.
Hope he proves me wrong but we are in for a rough ride if he carries on the same way as he has done up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.