2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel sorry for him best player sold and main striker injured not enough reinforcements elsewhere. We are relying on the coaching team developing some good patterns of play. This club won't move forward with the board we have. I hope he gets time because he needs to be given it with the mismanagement from above and the hand he has been dealt.

He should be breaking down doors at Everton demanding cash for a striker and threatening to walk if he doesn't get it.

He's in a tough spot for sure

I just hope the rapport he's built with the fan base holds
Results will dictate that. There's no point blaming the fans either. At one point or other during the last six years, each and every fan probably wanted to give a particular manager time while the majority of the fanbase bayed for blood (whether that was Roberto, Koeman, Silva, Big Sam, Benitez, Carlo, or Frank). In the end, the mob got its way (rightly or wrongly). Many fans will, therefore, expect the same standards to apply to any manager who they are not emotionally invested in.

My position on Frank is clear. I don't particularly rate him but know he is not the problem. As an Everton fan, I wish him only the best. But if he runs into a run of untenable results a la Benitez, well, I won't be manning a stout defence of the man's continued employment. I know the problem is in the board room. Lampard is almost beside the point. Any manager is. This is not a squad that can be expected to do anything more than scrap for survival. So, in that sense, Frank really just needs to avoid regular thrashings at the hands of the bottom half of the table and keep us relatively comfortable in lower mid-table to hang on to the poison chalice, I mean, job. If he can't do that, well, who cares really.

He should be breaking down doors at Everton demanding cash for a striker and threatening to walk if he doesn't get it.
I'm sure the Board would love to save his wage.

Threatening to walk, LOL.

I really like Frank and want him to do well, but he does not have the grafitas for that.

I also firmly believe he's being backed as much as we can, so demanding cash is not something he needs to do.

I really like Frank and want him to do well, but he does not have the grafitas for that.

I also firmly believe he's being backed as much as we can, so demanding cash is not something he needs to do.
Lol

He has lost his best player and not got a replacement

He's got no chance with this squad

Exactly. I had this very thought yesterday. Could you imagine Mourinho putting up with a situation like this? He was Frank's most pivotal boss at Chelsea. You'd hope certain things were learned.

If he doesn't threaten to walk now, he'll be walking regardless come November when Moshiri scapegoats him for a disastrous start to the season during the World Cup break.

£60M came in, £20M has been spent so far. I'd say he isn't being backed.

Exactly. I had this very thought yesterday. Could you imagine Mourinho putting up with a situation like this? He was Frank's most pivotal boss at Chelsea. You'd hope certain things were learned.
FL rattled the cage a bit out in the U.S. on tour when the signings were not forthcoming. I expect if Calvert-Lewin is a crock for the foreseeable we'll see a lot more cage rattling from Lampard shortly.

His stock is high, he needs to capitlaise it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.