2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Achieved exactly what dean smith would have achieved if left at the helm.
This season is a big one for him and will dictate his management career.
Steve Bruce type career rather than a super star I reckon

He got a bounce mate, then their form absolute tanked, we were awful last season and they weren't that far ahead of us and we were down to the bare bones of our squad.

I think we're in a bit of mini league with them Leeds, Brentford, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle and Wolves.

Achieved exactly what dean smith would have achieved if left at the helm.
This season is a big one for him and will dictate his management career.
Steve Bruce type career rather than a super star I reckon
I have said previously I don't think he is an automatic for Herr Shippmans replacement, they will want someone with a far more proven track record imo.

I might have a bit of a flutter on it being Slippy Mc Me.

So would I.

He’s made a lot of expensive signings there and they were getting worse last season.

If he starts poorly and europe doesn’t look like it’s on the cards I think he could be for the chop.

He can’t seem to get Buendia and Coutinho into the team together, or Ings and Watkins without upsetting the balance.

He got a bounce mate, then their form absolute tanked, we were awful last season and they weren't that far ahead of us and we were down to the bare bones of our squad.

I think we're in a bit of mini league with them Leeds, Brentford, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle and Wolves.

I think Lampard is in a different league to Gerrard in terms of managerial talent I really do.

Gerrard has all the PR (as he always has done) but all I saw last season was Lampard solving problems and getting more out of poorer players, and Gerrard having more and more problems with better players.

So would I.

He’s made a lot of expensive signings there and they were getting worse last season.

If he starts poorly and europe doesn’t look like it’s on the cards I think he could be for the chop.

He can’t seem to get Buendia and Coutinho into the team together, or Ings and Watkins without upsetting the balance.

Theyve a few good fixtures to start but if they dont pick up point early doors i think he could come under pressure mate. Id love to beat them we're there GW 2.

It's why it was important he added the likes of Edwards and especially Clement to his backroom staff - shows he understands the importance of hdving that more experienced voice present.
Which in my mind is we have the potential of a very level manager at the helm.

It's an improvement over the last few people in charge. With the exception of ancelloti of course the others havent done this I include koeman in that, despite his CV I found him an utter fraud

I think Lampard is in a different league to Gerrard in terms of managerial talent I really do.

Gerrard has all the PR (as he always has done) but all I saw last season was Lampard solving problems and getting more out of poorer players, and Gerrard having more and more problems with better players.
I think Gerrard is executing a sophisticated but risky strategy - buy proven, win, scarper off to greener pastures before the bill comes due, repeat. It worked for Mourinho for a good long while.

Lampard is the exact opposite - develop the kids, take a longer view. I would much rather have him in charge for that reason alone. He's a better manager for a club's welfare.

Thing about him is as a player he was west ham through and through growing up, became an icon at Chelsea and embraced that, now he's here he's embracing it in a similar way, we've often gone in about the managers who truly got us where former players like Howard & Royle - I genuinely feel like he does 'get us' and that's a powerful tool when a manager can connect with the club - especially so when he has a driven personality to succeed
This is the best thing about him IMO. Never would have predicted it when he took over

No excuse for Frank this season. Been giving a squad that has cost half a billion to assemble over the years.

Good look Frank. A result in our first game shouldn't be too much to ask.

No excuse for Frank this season. Been giving a squad that has cost half a billion to assemble over the years.

Good look Frank. A result in our first game shouldn't be too much to ask.
Couldnt of said it any better, top half finish ??
Champions league mate...if not...chase him out. Klopp won the league barely spending a penny......

Or so I'm told (practically daily)

Couldnt of said it any better, top half finish ??
Champions league mate...if not...chase him out. Klopp won the league barely spending a penny......

Or so I'm told (practically daily)
Finally someone else with the balls to say it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.