2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get relegated I can see 7 or 8 players leaving to help balance the books but if we stay up I reckon we'll only see 4 of them going. Either way, I can't see Mykolenko or Gray going.

I cant even think like that now.

We're done as far as I'm concerned.

Losing like that from a winning position last night tells me all I need to know.

Bang on he was GOT.
As for Lampard, I didn't really want him in the first place but we just can't keep sacking managers when they alone clearly are not the problem.
Moshiri, blue Bill and their cronies are answerable for our position, they appoint these guys, who else is going to buy us? I have absolutely no idea but we just cannot continue like this we are a laughing stock.

Yeah hard to argue with him but by bang on I meant a bit snide for a manager to say it about another team - it reflects on Lampard.

Laughing that he told his team when losing that Everton don't know how to win (when Everton have won more than his team) feels unnecessary/a dig at the manager to me.

I was watching the match last night and i was thinking to myself he problem wasn't tactics, set up or motivation, the problem was we have awful low quality players, i think that's what people cant get their heads around, its an awful team, a relegation team.

Ive heard people say - we should be able to beat Burnley - why? This team is awful and low on quality, bar one or two glaringly obvious exceptions.

If we survive, we will be blessed and very very lucky. I dont know what another manager gets out of these players, 10 men on the goal line and play for draws....
...which is the exact type of appointment we needed to make.

If we had we'd be safe.

There were large spells when we kept the ball, they struggled. We had plenty of counter attacks too. However, all these ended up to nothing and the amount of Burnley defenders who got a toe, chest, tackle last minute to defend their goal stopped us completely.

At the other end the complete opposite.

2.1 up. Just keep the ball. If you lose it, win it back. It's not hard. That's not a set up or being tactically aware...it's a basic standard.

All true mate, the lads are right in the sense, that Frank needs to look at the break down, two goals last night and one against WHU were a result of us being turned over in pocession and caught on the counter. That's something that is a job of work if he's going to play this way. The other is i said in the match thread that Dyce was making subs to target Kenny as a weak link, he did and the two goals came from down his side. He needs to be more in game aware and change when vulnerabilities become apparent. Also thought it was a bit silly playing Kenny anyway against Burnley, he's tiny and has no physical presence - we conceded a set piece and two goals down his side. Frank need to be more self and in game aware and not so gung ho.

But i also see what he's trying to do, team is playing for him and i do believe we have an awful team, racked with injury and unavailability, - which limits the manager.

Last edited:

I was watching the match last night and i was thinking to myself he problem wasn't tactics, set up or motivation, the problem was we have awful low quality players, i think that's what people cant get their heads around, its an awful team, a relegation team.

Ive heard people say - we should be able to beat Burnley - why? This team is awful and low on quality, bar one or two glaringly obvious exceptions.

If we survive, we will be blessed and very very lucky. I dont know what another manager gets out of these players, 10 men on the goal line and play for draws....

You could put every single defender we have at the club on the pitch and we'd still concede.

...which is the exact type of appointment we needed to make.

If we had we'd be safe.

Perhaps mate - hindsight and all and i think there is some wisdom in that, personally i think it was slim picking in the market since Carlo left, thought both recruitment process's and candidates were uninspiring, while we often have an identity crisis on what we actually want.

Last edited:
I cant even think like that now.

We're done as far as I'm concerned.

Losing like that from a winning position last night tells me all I need to know.
Realistically I have come to terms with the fact that relegation is a foregone conclusion but until it is mathmatically too late I'll still have the smallest of hopes that Burnley can f~~k up their final 9 games more than Everton do.

Bang on he was GOT.
As for Lampard, I didn't really want him in the first place but we just can't keep sacking managers when they alone clearly are not the problem.
Moshiri, blue Bill and their cronies are answerable for our position, they appoint these guys, who else is going to buy us? I have absolutely no idea but we just cannot continue like this we are a laughing stock.
...there's another ingredient: the fans.

They have - since Moshiri arrived - lobbied and demanded change after change from a weak man with long pockets.

There's enough culpability to be spread round.

7 managers since he arrived. That destabilisation came with the blessing of many / most fans.

Perhaps mate - hindsight and all there is some wisdom in that, personally i think it was slim picking in the market since Carlo left, thought both recruitment process's and candidates were uninspiring, while we often have an identity crisis on what we actually want.

Not often, we have had an identity crisis since Moyes left potentially since Joe Royle, he gave us the knife to a gun fight squad after that we have bounced from pragmatic, to passing, to attacking (if possible), to hard to beat to whatever we are now.

Badly needs sorting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.