2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
survive relegation, next season will be a weird one with the World Cup at Christmas. Southgate crashes out of the group stages and gets sacked, the FA make Lampard an offer in January and he leaves us roughly same league position that he took over. Both parties agree to part ways. press say his style of play will be more suited to the national team squad or some bollocks. 12/1 odds at Betfair.

The issue with Frank is he hasn't enough experience at all. At Derby he basically had money thrown at him, and he took them from 6th to 6th. At Chelsea, his best work came under a transfer ban, when he was forced to work with their academy players. He thrived there. The issues again came when he was spending, and he brought in dross like Werner. The difference between us and Chelsea is that their academy is full of great talent. Ours isn't, other than a few bright sparks like Gordon. The fact that Tuchel walked in and won the CL with the same squad Lampard had in 8th would suggest Lampard is tactically average at best.

I genuinely don't think he knows what to do. He wants to desperately play a certain type of football, but doesn't have the means to do it. A decent manager would take a look at the bones he's got and find the best system for them. The best thing he could do is play boring, defensive football. Yeah, none of us want 10 men behind the ball, but if it keeps us up, so be it. The ends justify the means.

And coming out bollocking the players and saying we conceded "two average goals and a fluke goal" and that the tactics were spot on. Come on! I agree this group of players are a gutless bunch of cowards, but the tactics were still wrong! If we're too rubbish to score goals, at least make us hard to beat. Focus on defence and set pieces. It's not hard, is it?

Everything now depends on results, we suddenly pick up and those comments are a work of genius, go down and he's cocked it up by what he said.

Good post. On the flip side would any new manager blame themselves? You very very rarely hear ANY manager saying they got things wrong. Maybe we are being unrealistic here.
True, true. Doesn’t have to come out and say “I’ve had an absolute mare there lads, don’t know what I was thinking”.

It’s just how adamantly he says it’s nothing to do with the set up because we played well for 15/20 minutes, that bothers me. Once they adjusted, they destroyed us and the players abundant flaws were exposed, in part due to the system and also the players having no b*llocks.

He seems to really favour the 343/523 formation, just hope he’s not going to persevere thinking it works a treat and the players just need to try harder and grow a pair for it to click.

If he relegates us he’s rubbish.

Having said that i back him over any of the pure gubbins that managed to drive Carlo away.

Early bird gets the worm. Second mouse gets the cheese. Everton will forever be [Poor language removed].

I do like Lampard, he talks well and has a good coaching setup around him, but he has to realise that this squad doesn't have the ability to play how he wants to play, It's almost as if he doesn't want to get a Allardyce/Dyche reputation incase it affects his chances of getting another job.

Back to basics required, standard 442 and go for a 0-0 with a hope of stealing it via a set piece.
That's why Duncan until the end of the season would have been the better call.

Don't rate him. Didn't want him but the best of a bad bunch. But it is what it is. Have to see it out now. We've picked up some points with him so we're not dead and buried yet.

Vibe I was getting is that he didn't really want it. Doesn't think he's ready.

And the Villa game kinda burst his balloon as Slippy had his number that I think he too would've more than likely struggled.
lol lol lol

FFS, this is a busted flush.

What will it take for the ridiculously wool 'give it Dunc' shouts to finally stop forever?

He's a galloot. The club know he is. The players have zero respect for him in charge.

lol lol lol

FFS, this is a busted flush.

What will it take for the ridiculously wool 'give it Dunc' shouts to finally stop forever?

He's a galloot. The club know he is. The players have zero respect for him in charge.

I firmly hold my hands up after that Villa game

Status
Not open for further replies.