2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt he picked the wrong teqm and formation against palace but was once again let down by the defence. Will be clear to him what we need to bring into the club. Hopefully he can get us safe then start to look into the problems we have

The only reaction we are likely to see from this shower of shithouses is to contact Everton HR and put in an official collective grievance about their line manager calling them names and swearing at them.

I'll stand by Frank and what he said - he's been protective and talking them up since he got here and they've shat on him time and again - they need some home truths and to show us all a positive reaction to his words on the pitch.

Every player who has done the post match interviews after yet another embarrassment have all been saying that it's their fault and they haven't been good enough - why can't the manager say the same?

It's not the first time he's called them out though, he did it after Spurs as well when he got the tactics wrong.

I support him doing it but it wears thin quickly if you won't take responsibility yourself. He took the credit for the first 20 minutes and then blamed the players for the rest of the game.

I don't know that at all. We've just been annihilated 4-0 by an actual mid table side. The only excuse you could give these players is that some of the ones who would be expected to feature in the first 11 have been injured for lengthy spells this season - but a lot of them are back now and we have a new manager and hardly look better for it.

We are 17th in the league after two thirds of the season because that is our level. You can fluke a cup but you can't fluke a league finish because the number of fixtures completely remove any anomalies. We've played three actual Championship sides this season and lost one, scraped past another and drew with the third (needing extra-time to win). This team is the absolute pits mate.
I really hope 17th in the league his where we finish, I'd take 17th in a heartbeat and have the season end immediately.

Well by 1998 Peter Johnson had already cut off funding, he gave Howard Kendall pittance to spend on players.

In that era, there was nowhere near the same sense or levels of hopelessness as there is now. In the 90's there was always a hope, that Everton would emerge as a major player again.

In the here and now though, the brutal harsh realities of modern football has set in. So yeah i do think the situation is different, and even worse now to be honest.
I can see what you're saying about the hope back in the 90s but that was maybe because we'd won the league only a few years before, but about four seasons ago, a few people were tipping us to challenge the top 4 (under Koeman) so that wasn't so long ago. It's easy to say now that this didn't happen but it did. Also, no one thought we'd finish 10th last year on boxing day when we were 2nd- and top 4 briefly as later as March. I predicted we'd finish 7th and was told i was being pessimistic.

He must have come in and thought he had a load of solid Prem players like Coleman, Keane, Gomes, Doucs, Richi and DCL.

He’ll have been absolutely shocked at how crap they are.
He's like the third (possibly even fourth) manager in quick succession who's come in and after a few weeks pretty much admitted that it's a bigger fix-up job than they thought. Says a lot about the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.