2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, we need an international break to think about it didn’t you know.
Moshiri and Kenwright love the ceremony and importance of meeting in London around a boardroom table and being presented watered-down power points about passion, commitment, and pathway to the first team.

Away from home, we absolutely have to play deep and hope to nick a goal on the counter/set piece. Our defence is vulnerable/championship standard - let's not expose them any further.

Lampard speaks of how he's learning daily - he needs to learn that quickly. We've been absolutely snotted in every away game, a big reason why in my opinion is how he's set the team up. Pressing so high up at Spurs was as bad as any Everton managerial decision I've seen.

He's not at a very good Derby team in the championship or Chelsea now. He's got to be more pragmatic away from home.

It wasn't all tactical last night. Like for example the third goal, there is no way Keane was supposed to come that high, miss the header, fail to recognise Kane's run, and not have the legs to get back. It was a basic individual error, and could have happenned in any system.

We played generally far too high. But there were basic errors all over the show that no system could have fully covered up. If players lose their individual battle in every area of the field, then the system is pointless.
Evenso, Keane had no right to be that high up the field, even lampard alluded to that. Hes basically a good defender if you keep his area tight and clear instructed. Give him too many tasks, freedom to think for himself and he overloads.

It was never a win last night but lampard not realising the various limitations of his players is a bit of a worry. Also his selection of umfufu at 9. What the hell is that metro man doing in a pm football team. Then there is the increasing liability that is coleman. tThen he took off vdb and we got even worse, and only got out when spurs went back to first gear. Everytime they charged, they left our left side in tatters. Branthwaite falling over his own legs. It was embarrassingly bad. Wolves are no slouches. heres to hoping.

He looked shell shocked last night.

I think he may have fallen into the trap of looking at the squad before arriving and then thinking that it was good and all he needed to do was to hammer in the basics to capitalise on it.

He forgot a couple of big things: these players are not good; apart from Gordon they are below bang average all over the pitch; and he also forgot that PL football is all about playing with heart and determination, and besides Coleman we dont have any of that commodity at all.

He'll be bricking it today that he's going to be the manager that finally takes Everton down after 70 years in the top flight.

His CV will be in tatters. He is fighting for his reputation as a PL manager now and the resources he has to get out of it are worse than Dyche's at Burnley below us.

The only hope he has is to be humble and acknowledge that it's out of his control largely and that only 3/4 fantastic 'performances' from the fans at Goodison can save us now. He surely knows he can do nothing with these players. No one can. Guardiola would spend 2 games with this lot and be reaching for a revolver to finish himself off.

We are bottom three material and only the fans can hand us PL top 4 performances.

Take that to the fans Frank. Be humble and say you and the team need them to be the 12th, 13th and 14th man.

He has done. Constantly

Away from home, we absolutely have to play deep and hope to nick a goal on the counter/set piece. Our defence is vulnerable/championship standard - let's not expose them any further.

Lampard speaks of how he's learning daily - he needs to learn that quickly. We've been absolutely snotted in every away game, a big reason why in my opinion is how he's set the team up. Pressing so high up at Spurs was as bad as any Everton managerial decision I've seen.

He's not at a very good Derby team in the championship or Chelsea now. He's got to be more pragmatic away from home.

He said in the post match interview "we know Spurs are a counter-attacking side" as well which is baffling. You don't play high lines against counter-attacking teams.

This was always the danger in handing the job to a glamorous novice at a time of real peril for the club. He really does need a minimum of four points from the next two games if he is not to be the latest, and perhaps most egregious, of Moshiri's calamitous decisions.

He looked shell shocked last night.

I think he may have fallen into the trap of looking at the squad before arriving and then thinking that it was good and all he needed to do was to hammer in the basics to capitalise on it.

He forgot a couple of big things: these players are not good; apart from Gordon they are below bang average all over the pitch; and he also forgot that PL football is all about playing with heart and determination, and besides Coleman we dont have any of that commodity at all.

He'll be bricking it today that he's going to be the manager that finally takes Everton down after 70 years in the top flight.

His CV will be in tatters. He is fighting for his reputation as a PL manager now and the resources he has to get out of it are worse than Dyche's at Burnley below us.

The only hope he has is to be humble and acknowledge that it's out of his control largely and that only 3/4 fantastic 'performances' from the fans at Goodison can save us now. He surely knows he can do nothing with these players. No one can. Guardiola would spend 2 games with this lot and be reaching for a revolver to finish himself off.

We are bottom three material and only the fans can hand us PL top 4 performances.

Take that to the fans Frank. Be humble and say you and the team need them to be the 12th, 13th and 14th man.
I don't always agree with your posts, but this is absolutely bang on the money, every last word.

he’s hopefully seen enough now to stop giving Keane and to a lesser extent Coleman, more chances. Godfrey if he’s fit and Branthwaite should start on Sunday. At least there’s some pace in those 2.

I don’t get the argument that we shouldn’t have an inexperienced back 4, it’s not as if we’re breaking up a Ratcliffe-Mountfield partnership. We’ve just shipped 5 and could have been 8. ‘Youngsters might make mistakes’, yeah, because Coleman and Keane haven’t been?!
Testify brother, this is the way.

I hope the Keane subbing was Frank saying I've had enough of this rubbish.

That back 4 is nothing to do with Frank, absolutely tragic the lot of them.
I’d agree , injuries have forced him into it, but the decision not to give Patterson game time is baffling - Seamus was directly at fault for 3 arguably 4 of the goals last night! Patterson would at least inject some pace into a horrifically slow back four!

Its a good point and sensible one mate, he goes after games. Even against City i was thinking to myself some of his substitutions at 0-0 were a bit fool hearty. Lads i know at Chelsea would say were he lost out in terms of results was chasing games when they could have gotten a point holding ground and they ended up loosing.

Maybe thats a good approach if we didnt desperately need every point we can scrape.

He came and the players turned it on in training for a few weeks, now they are reverting to mean in terms of being mentally fragile, lacking in leadership or care - looking at others as if its someone's elses fault - how many manager is it now with this group - Pennys dropped with Frank last night, id have them out running up and down docks this morning and polishing the youth teams boots.
I don't think that's it. The away performances have been like this from the start, last night was a worse scoreline but the performance level wasn't much different than Newcastle or Southampton. It's the default position for people to take but I don't buy it.

Its a good point and sensible one mate, he goes after games. Even against City i was thinking to myself some of his substitutions at 0-0 were a bit fool hearty. Lads i know at Chelsea would say were he lost out in terms of results was chasing games when they could have gotten a point holding ground and they ended up loosing.

Maybe thats a good approach if we didnt desperately need every point we can scrape.

It's absolutely the right approach long term and the one we should have taken from the start of the season. But now we are in huge trouble so only pragmatic play will save us. If we keep conceding multiple goals per game, we will be relegated. Away from home, we need to change tactics because these players are too gutless to be expected to take initiative.

Individual errors are still the biggest problem though. If players can't do the basics then they shouldn't be selected. The problem is that I'd like to drop about 8 players from yesterday and we can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.