2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Chelsea, Lampards team conceded 54 goals in the league in his first season. 15 more than the previous season.

The season he was fired, they conceded 26 goals in the first half of the season. In the same amount of games Tuchels side conceded 10.

The following season. Tuchels side conceded 18 goals.

If you think Lampard is going to sort out our defence, you're badly mistaken.
No surprise that the first Benitez apologist is sticking is neck out and calling for Frank to be sacked. The others lay in the fields, not man enough to speak up

1 Frank Lampard = 1000 Fat Kopite pigs

After seeing that shambolic performance...you "have no doubt " we will.avoid relegation! Wish I shared your optimism or even understood the basis for it.
We always look into some performances and think were do we get our next win from but im very confident our home games with the fans behind us will get us over the line.
You look at the Brentford/Leeds and even Man city display since Lampard has come in and if we can keep performing like that at home we will be just fine.

He may have to revert to park the bus tactics away from home although im not sure its in his philosophy to do that.
One things for sure is he cant keep playing that back 4 thats failed so many managers before him.

Us fans have a massive part to play especially at home getting behind the team, lets save the criticism and snarls until after the game because we know these players wilt at the first sign of unrest.

There is no chance that there are big changes in the summer, not without a huge injection of money to buy.

There are too many players receiving wages that they are not going to get offered anywhere else. The club would have to accept big losses on players to attract interest and players would have to accept big wage cuts to go elsewhere.

It is unlikely.

I think ive counted 15 players who could be moved on with only 6 replacements needed.

I know some people will be critical of the way Lampard set us up last night with high line an some people will say we need to sit back away from home in a low block, problem is we’ve done that all season before frank came in an we lost every game. I understand he’s asked them to be more aggressive win the ball back higher up an we did ok for 15 mins, but again soon as they scored we fell apart again. Nothing has changed in big picture we still need 4-5 home wins an maybe take points off Watford and Burnley away the rest are a write off.

It wasn't all tactical last night. Like for example the third goal, there is no way Keane was supposed to come that high, miss the header, fail to recognise Kane's run, and not have the legs to get back. It was a basic individual error, and could have happenned in any system.

We played generally far too high. But there were basic errors all over the show that no system could have fully covered up. If players lose their individual battle in every area of the field, then the system is pointless.

I know some people will be critical of the way Lampard set us up last night with high line an some people will say we need to sit back away from home in a low block, problem is we’ve done that all season before frank came in an we lost every game. I understand he’s asked them to be more aggressive win the ball back higher up an we did ok for 15 mins, but again soon as they scored we fell apart again. Nothing has changed in big picture we still need 4-5 home wins an maybe take points off Watford and Burnley away the rest are a write off.
Yup, people are panicking about Wolves, but in reality it is what we do in the games against Burnley, Watford, and Brentford that will seal our fate. We have matches against Newcastle and Crystal Palace as well that we can target. We need a minimum of five points from the three relegation head-to-heads. If we can't get at least that, we will have no complaints. If we can't take another four from the Newcastle and Palace games, then we're asking for trouble.

It'll be very tight, though. We badly need to get three our four points over the next week and hope Burnley go into a tailspin.

It wasn't all tactical last night. Like for example the third goal, there is no way Keane was supposed to come that high, miss the header, fail to recognise Kane's run, and not have the legs to get back. It was a basic individual error, and could have happenned in any system.

We played generally far too high. But there were basic errors all over the show that no system could have fully covered up. If players lose their individual battle in every area of the field, then the system is pointless.
This.

Lampard made mistakes, the set up was bad, but the set up did not lead to any of the goals being scored. They were all down to mistakes that could have been made if we were sat deep too.

In fact, when we did sit deep in the 2nd half v City, we literally made the same mistake that we did for Spurs' first goal, and it was the same players who made the errors.

He did get it badly wrong yesterday like. It was an insane approach and he needs to change for away games. But I don't think we'd have got anything out of it playing the other way either because of the players who are in the side.

I don't give a crap about Michael Keane's mental health. The bloke makes me want to gauge my own eyes out.

Holgate 3 yards behind the defensive line, and Coleman 5 yards away from the danger - i.e. Harry Kane

It's almost like players are making inexplicable individual errors....
No communication
Ball watching
No shape
No pressure to stop the cross

Oh all while one of the worlds most prolific strikers is waiting for a simple ball with yards of space.

This.

I’d rather take a positive approach into games. As you say, Benitez tried the defensive way and that didn’t work.

Let’s be honest, Spurs have been very erratic as well so having a go at them wasn’t that bad a plan.

Everything was looking ok until chaos Keane offered his weekly gift to put us on the back foot again.

Needs to go back to basics.

4-4-1-1

Full backs working in tandem with wide midfielders attacking and defending.

A system everyone knows and is comfortable with.

And can be compact if required.

Just one striker out of Rondon, DCL, and Richi.

Then Dele or Donny in behind.

At Chelsea, Lampards team conceded 54 goals in the league in his first season. 15 more than the previous season.

The season he was fired, they conceded 26 goals in the first half of the season. In the same amount of games Tuchels side conceded 10.

The following season. Tuchels side conceded 18 goals.

If you think Lampard is going to sort out our defence, you're badly mistaken.
Get the hell out of here you moron, you aren’t one of us, stop popping up with your little jabs because we dared to bin off your hero

Status
Not open for further replies.