2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He mentioned something about only handful of players 'trying' at the end, and that it will give him food for thought.

He has given every player an opportunity to prove themself so far, it is time for some brutality and it starts with the captain.

He needs to send a message.

I also thought Calvert-Lewin looked completely disinterested (I understand it would be hard playing in that side). But I'd be dropping both Coleman and DCL for the next game, and obviously Keane and Holgate for Godfrey and Branthwaite.

I actually think a front three of Gray, Richarlison and Gordon suits this team better than DCL up-front. We don't have the full back quality to get balls into the box which DCL needs.

Four big changes needed.
DCL was actually annoying me to be honest. He jogged around like he was too good to press and try and do something, lost the ball everytime he touched it. Not match fit, not sharp, he was terrible. He seems to have a "I'm just there to score goals" attitude that Carlo gave him.

Again it's him or Richarlison for me, not both.

We can't persist with Kenny LB. Can get stuck in defensively but his left foot is useless. Myko has to play, whether he's ready or not. Kenny needs to be moved over to RB seen as he doesn't fancy Patterson yet.

Aye but the manager you backed was atrocious and has resulted in us being here as much as the bad players are. Bad players he made worse, btw, and left this mess to deal with.

Now, Lampard was naive tonight. We can say that and also say the players were/are atrocious.

I’m not falsely accusing people of wanting Everton relegated.

Instead we signed el ghazi…and dele - who I think is a fine player but not at all what we needed - and two unproven full backs who aren’t trusted.
I agree with pretty much everything you've said. But this bit is the most damning. We needed a midfielder and a centre half. We replaced a good full back with someone who isn't ready. Bought another who has played about 10 games for Rangers and... isn't ready. It's farcical.

Van De Beek from what I knew is an attacking midfielder, so Alli was just needless. He's not or never was going to find his form in a side that has even less of the ball than he's used to and we can't accommodate him playing off the left, which is where he liked to drift towards when he was at his best. El Ghazi... who cares abt him, just amateurish to even think as a club signing him would be of any value.

Lampard depends as much on the failings of other teams as he does on his ability to try an scrape 15 points with this lot.

Definitely 4-5-1 after that. There is something weird with evertons midfield in that it always looks over run. It's probably having two full backs that are neither quick or particularly good on the ball that isn't helping them.

A 4 5 1 helps the two full backs and the team should play deeper. It helps the centre halves if we're deeper too. I'd go with Richarlison starting up front and Calvert Lewin ready to come on after 55 mins for anyone not on it. Ideally Gray returns and finds his form. It's all a bit desperate clearly.

**away from home**

We need to just battle for draws for now away. And if we're drawing, the bit of quality we do have might see us snatch a win. It's better than seeing us exposed and battered each week.
We finnally get a better midfield but that doesn't mean the balance was right.
It'll take time, mountains to climb and all that.

Doucs should've been put on Son and DVB should have anchored with Alan

Why we changed in mentality from City is the question, We could have nicked one at the Lane (or whatever it is called these days).

They were bursting at the seams to take it to them when what we need is a lead CB, who can see what Frank doesn't , to help get this ship in order.

Frank knows this and Keane subbed at half time said it all.

Get behind this manager FFS.
I mean we fully are aren't we. He was naive tonight in how he set us up but the goals came from mistakes that could have been made playing in the way Benitez wanted to or Ancelotti or whoever, because they were mistakes from the same old players.

Now Lampard needs to change those players. Because that's all he can do. There's no fixing Keane or expecting Coleman to be able to play in away games. So just don't play them.

How
4-4-2 at Southampton
4-3-3 tonight

What is it you want
Not the formation, the tactics. Spurs and Southampton, two counter attack/press teams and we played right into their hands both games with high back line, constantly turning over the ball in their half/final third and them breaking on our out of position midfield and slow/high back four.

It doesn't really matter who we play at the back with the defenders currently available: they're all different flavours of [Poor language removed] or they are young lads with no experience and going through personal troubles.

We've got to start scoring goals simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.