2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
How
4-4-2 at Southampton
4-3-3 tonight

What is it you want
Definitely 4-5-1 after that. There is something weird with evertons midfield in that it always looks over run. It's probably having two full backs that are neither quick or particularly good on the ball that isn't helping them.

A 4 5 1 helps the two full backs and the team should play deeper. It helps the centre halves if we're deeper too. I'd go with Richarlison starting up front and Calvert Lewin ready to come on after 55 mins for anyone not on it. Ideally Gray returns and finds his form. It's all a bit desperate clearly.

**away from home**

We need to just battle for draws for now away. And if we're drawing, the bit of quality we do have might see us snatch a win. It's better than seeing us exposed and battered each week.

4th even is just a slack ball from Coleman and weakness from Gordon. It wasn't trying to play out of the back either, it was very similar to Norwich's second goal tbh under Benitez.
and the following mayhem in our defense needed a benny hill soundtrack. that 4th was a stab in the heart of all.

How
4-4-2 at Southampton
4-3-3 tonight

What is it you want

For me, I want a 4-5-1.

I want 3 in the middle, but there needs to be that balance.

Today, we saw Kenny and Coleman in particular get roasted, they had no one in front of them for support, so then they pushed up, they cut through us.

DCL & Richarlison are a front 2, they’re solid, but not a pairing.

I like what he wants to do, but not with this squad.

Definitely 4-5-1 after that. There is something weird with evertons midfield in that it always looks over run. It's probably having two full backs that are neither quick or particularly good on the ball that isn't helping them.

A 4 5 1 helps the two full backs and the team should play deeper. It helps the centre halves if we're deeper too. I'd go with Richarlison starting up front and Calvert Lewin ready to come on after 55 mins for anyone not on it. Ideally Gray returns and finds his form. It's all a bit desperate clearly.
He’s hamstrung by this terrible squad. Same as Benitez really - although I prefer us to at least try and pass the ball around like Lampard is trying to instill.

Our problem all season has been a weak defence with two dreadful full backs and a midfield who can’t run.

We had a chance in January to get a defensive midfield in who had a bit of physicality and a centre back who could give us a bit of leadership.

Instead we signed el ghazi…and dele - who I think is a fine player but not at all what we needed - and two unproven full backs who aren’t trusted.

We have a defence which is fundamentally flawed to play any decent football or defending of any type. Keane is a mentally weak championship player, holgate has a chip on his shoulder his career has never enabled, Coleman is done and even tho kenny has had some good performances, he isn’t a prem player.

The midfield is still a huge issue, we don’t have players to play in a two, and I’ve said it before we don’t have players who play in a 3, still no one who holds, Allan and Doucoure go on an adventure every game like they are in lord of the rings, and leave it wide open. Doucoure at least has an engine, Allan is finished athletically.

Am not sure what the answer is, but I know Coleman, Keane, holgate and Kenny are not it, and I think that midfield needs ripping up or given instructions as to who holds and who moves.

The squad is a mishmash of players from different managers, this was never going to change overnight, I now want to see Lampard remove some of these players and either give younger players a chance or have a change of shape.

Right now it’s not working and a lot of square pegs in round holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.