2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is but I suspect we'd be in less danger at the back with players not leaving much room behind.
Perhaps but Coleman was done in a 1v1 for the first goal and Keane makes the same mistake as he did last week (when we sat deep) in losing his man

Keane loses a header for the 3rd goal against the ST and then loses the ST. Again, that'd happen any time you lose a striker.

The second goal - Holgate leaps out of defence and it's a Pickford howler.

So I fully agree that the system was naive and stupid but those mistakes could (and have been already) be made under a more defensive system.

He’s bang on in that interview to be fair.
‘Anthony Gordon is the only one to come out with any credit.’
‘Individual moments of bad mistakes.’
‘I don’t tell players to go wandering off into midfield and leave big spaces.’
‘The issues are becoming more clear to me every day.’
‘I can’t wait for the 2 games we’ve got coming up at Goodison.’

Like the quiet anger. He’s clearly seething but in a controlled way.
That’s a dig at Holgate for sure. His positioning was horrendous.

Perhaps but Coleman was done in a 1v1 for the first goal and Keane makes the same mistake as he did last week (when we sat deep) in losing his man

Keane loses a header for the 3rd goal against the ST and then loses the ST. Again, that'd happen any time you lose a striker.

The second goal - Holgate leaps out of defence and it's a Pickford howler.

So I fully agree that the system was naive and stupid but those mistakes could (and have been already) be made under a more defensive system.

Yeh I didn't disagree mistakes would have been made but I think a deeper backline reduces the chances of them.

1st goal - If Coleman starts deeper, Sessegnon has less room to burst into, Coleman might have more of a sprint in him to stop it. Although he frankly doesn't stop the cross regardless.

2nd goal - Calamity from them all really. Kenny diving in, Keane refusing to tackle, Pickford not saving, who knows there.

3rd goal - Keane losing header and not tracking Kane, again if deeper, less space for Son to play the pass into and Pickford might have been able to sweep there.

Didn't see 4th or 5th.

Same as Southampton away, naive set up.

What’s the plan going forward, we attack as individuals. It all falls apart when we get into the final third.

Plan in defence is clearer but we don’t have the players even close to being able to execute it.

Yeh I didn't disagree mistakes would have been made but I think a deeper backline reduces the chances of them.

1st goal - If Coleman starts deeper, Sessegnon has less room to burst into, Coleman might have more of a sprint in him to stop it. Although he frankly doesn't stop the cross regardless.

2nd goal - Calamity from them all really. Kenny diving in, Keane refusing to tackle, Pickford not saving, who knows there.

3rd goal - Keane losing header and not tracking Kane, again if deeper, less space for Son to play the pass into and Pickford might have been able to sweep there.

Didn't see 4th or 5th.
Only the 5th was "one of them" - a cross field ball smashed on the voll with Kane's weaker foot

The rest was laughable

It was a good interview but he should have said he made tactical errors

And I have no doubt he cant wait for Sunday. But he was an elite winner and these are a gutless bunch of overpaid losers who won't be looking forward to it. Some of them will be fearing playing at home and others aren't arsed of we win lose or draw.

We need to get 4 points next week. Goodison needs to be fierce. And the players need to give something back for once because they don't deserve the support they get.

Posted this in the match thread but thought I’d share it here.
Not that anyones arsed.

This is always the risk when going for a manager like Lampard, and one I think most people recognised but were willing to get behind.

He’s a system manager, he wants to play football a certain way, and especially in the early days, the players are going to massively struggle at times.

The hope is, with enough time and some clever recruitment, the appointment will pay dividends further down the line.

Even if we get relegated, I’d rather us stick with him than chop and change manager every 6 months.
Thing is you can't expect to relegate Everton and stay in the dugout. I honestly dont know if we should stick with him when we get relegated. Going down is a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.