2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nsno-chris is too busy blowing Klopp to realise that the same people who backed the last manager of Everton (and the ones before that) are now actually backing this manager as well.

Doesn’t fit his agenda though, and he loves an agenda.

There's literally no one on here other than blag Kopite accounts that are looking for us to takle the drop.

I'm amazed he's comoing out with this drivel. It's bizarre.

I like Lampard and think he will eventually do a good job for us. Tough on him to take this shower over though and the look on his face said it all as he watched a bunch of cowardly and very poor defenders give the game to Spurs. He has a hard job on his hands with a duff defence and a non firing attack. At least the midfield look better

Kenny
Branthwaite
Holgate
Godfrey

Would probably be my back 4 next week. And that is terrifying as it would barely make a Championship side.

Thought he interviewed well. Clearly frustrated, and we lack options.

Has to change Coleman though, otherwise we will suffer week in week out.
He mentioned something about only handful of players 'trying' at the end, and that it will give him food for thought.

He has given every player an opportunity to prove themself so far, it is time for some brutality and it starts with the captain.

He needs to send a message.

I also thought Calvert-Lewin looked completely disinterested (I understand it would be hard playing in that side). But I'd be dropping both Coleman and DCL for the next game, and obviously Keane and Holgate for Godfrey and Branthwaite.

I actually think a front three of Gray, Richarlison and Gordon suits this team better than DCL up-front. We don't have the full back quality to get balls into the box which DCL needs.

Four big changes needed.

Kenny
Branthwaite
Holgate
Godfrey

Would probably be my back 4 next week. And that is terrifying as it would barely make a Championship side.

If everyone was fully fit I think I’d go for Holgate Mina Branthwaite Godfrey

No chance we’d get everyone fit any time soon though.

@nsno-chris is too busy blowing Klopp to realise that the same people who backed the last manager of Everton (and the ones before that) are now actually backing this manager as well.

Doesn’t fit his agenda though, and he loves an agenda.
Aye but the manager you backed was atrocious and has resulted in us being here as much as the bad players are. Bad players he made worse, btw, and left this mess to deal with.

Now, Lampard was naive tonight. We can say that and also say the players were/are atrocious.

Has to change the entire back four next week if Godfrey is fit.

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny

Patterson Godfrey Branthwaite Mykolenko

I'd probably drop DCL as well...dreadful.
This is a possibility except I think Holgate keeps his place for Branthwaite

Was that a terrifying look at Frank's managerial quality? We'll see.
No it's a terrifying reminder of how utterly useless our defense is. Coleman has been finished a long time. He just doesn't have the legs anymore (not his fault he's been a great servant) but we have a young RB on the bench who clearly can't be ready, or he'd be in the side. Left side of defence we have gone from digne to a bit of an unknown entity in this league. Centre backs look absolutely devoid of any footballing ability at the moment. Games like this won't send us down, games like the next one will if we don't win.

If we do survive this season I still think we are in a major pickle, we won't be splashing out on more fullbacks, we need the two we have signed this season to really step up or we go into another season with Coleman as our primary right back. It's completely unacceptable. We actually deserve to go down given the money we have spunked on dross players and don't get me started with Rafael. He could well turn out to be the straw that broke the camels back.

The irony of you calling someone out for verbal fellatio with your defence of Benitez

So sorry for calling out these players rather than wanting another manager fired after a few losses.

How wrong I was given the sterling performances of the players now Benitez has gone.

The XI tonight I was fine with (bar Coleman through pure hatred) but the high line was not okay and not really playing 3 up top was also not okay.

He should know that entire back 4 hasn't got the pace or the cleverness to play a high line. We signed Keane off the back of looking impressive in the exact opposite system of that.

Can't blame Lampard for Keane being crap, Coleman not stopping crosses etc. but he should be blamed for asking them to play so high away from home.
Agree. Starting 11 formation was fine but was like watching a repeat of the Southampton game.

We have the ball, inch up the pitch, our midfield/forwards give the ball away cheaply under no pressure, we have 5/6 players caught ahead of the ball, they break with pace and look like they could score at will.

Defence too slow, midfield too slow and doesn’t get back into shape quickly when we lose the ball.

Less suicidal tactics than please.

Status
Not open for further replies.