2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos our fans are magpies.

I think most fans have watched abject failure for the past 6 years and Ferguson has been there for all of it. As such, nobody is talking down Dunc's legendary status, we are just keen for new faces with new ideas especially when told that Barry is an unbelievable coach too.

I expected a bit more serious tone from the new coaching staff. Whip them. Dungeons. Bread and water. Cleaning the stables. Being locked in the box for an hour with Dunc screaming obscene things. Maybe i shouldnt be a manager.

Given Anthony Barry had 'positive talks' with the club about the position but ultimately didn't want to rock the boat mid-season, it's not totally inconceivable that he might end up coming at the end of the season, at which point Duncan may well look for pastures new, once the right lower-league vacancy comes up (I'd imagine in the North West - Accrington, Bury, Rochdale, Stockport etc.)
This is kind of what I'm expecting to happen. Though it could also be for Clement if he is able to get another manager role. I'd like to see Dunc move on so we can have harder reset (along with Unsworth and others) but I don't think it's ridiculous to keep him and Kelly on until the end of the season. Maybe I'm naive, but I think we overstate how much Dunc has been "forced" on our managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.