2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Lampard and Cole were so angry yesterday they drove home without the rest of the staff/players.

I can see things coming to boiling point soon if these players don't pull their fingers out and sadly we all know what that means for the manager of this club when the players decide to down tools.
But that’s just not true is it?
They drove “home” to London where their wives and families are still living, the rest headed “home” to Liverpool!
Lampard and Cole were probably quite rightly angry but there no need to make stuff up just to get “likes” on a forum, anyone would think you had a point to try and prove!

Why is it when talking about Lampard, we say 2 wins in 4, when talking about Rafael we don't include the FA Cup match?

Also let's dismiss the draws against Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea.
Oh sorry mate, would you prefer us to say 2 wins in 14 so we don’t forget about the glorious extra time win against Hull?
So that’s Lampard 2 in 4 (all prem) versus Benitez 2 in ‘king 14, one of which was needing extra time against the might Hull City Tigers…

I think it's unfair to suggest benitez was not hard done by. Any other manager who was in his position would have been given more time given the injury crisis he suffered. But at the first sign of any problems he was sacked. Since then 3 winnable league games have been lost and 1 won.

I'm not advocating for benitez but suggesting some people who only see him as the problem may be being a bit short sighted. Lampard is certainly not guaranteed to be the answer to this and the situation is that he has won 1 league game in 3 in games we should have been looking to get more from.

We all have to back what lampard is doing but why has it taken him so long to realise gomes cannot perform away from home. And why is he playing 2 up top leaving them massively isolated.

We have wasted two key away games while he's working out what his best eleven is. Surely it would be more logical to take more control of the away games in an adaptable 4-5-1 formation and try to nick a point in these games at least.
The reason we are in the mess we are now is because he wasn’t sacked at the first sign of any problems was he? Arguably he should have been sacked after the Watford game at home, or Brentford away, or the humiliation in the derby - but no they kept him in place until we find ourselves where we are now!
Along with Allardyce and Walker the three worst appointments in Everton’s history, well at least in my history of supporting them!

The reason we are in the mess we are now is because he wasn’t sacked at the first sign of any problems was he? Arguably he should have been sacked after the Watford game at home, or Brentford away, or the humiliation in the derby - but no they kept him in place until we find ourselves where we are now!
Along with Allardyce and Walker the three worst appointments in Everton’s history, well at least in my history of supporting them!
If he’d been sacked after Watford we’d still have Digne and probably still would’ve hired Frank who’d almost certainly have us higher up the table and definitely comfortable playing good, front foot football again.

So Frank's remit is to avoid relegation. Rafael's remit was to finish top 8. Double standards here.

Frank has 1 in 3 in the league, it will likely be 1 in 4 soon, he has the easiest FA Cup draw, then we have difficult matches in Spurs and Wolves..

I can easily see Frank going 1 in 8 and relegated.
Gobsmacked

How you have the nerve?

Sorry mate but I don't agree. Under Benitez our entire game plan was to let the opposition have the ball and basically wait to go a goal behind. He fell out with and/or sold our best players, and sacked the medical staff. I don't see one positive form his tenure. The style of football he had us playing, I don't expect we would have won another game this season under his management.
The biggest positive of Benitez time here was the pure unadulterated ecstasy we all felt when the greasy fat blimp waddled off Into retirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.