2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, as long as we stay up, think Benitez will have been a good thing in the long run.

The fatman was a necessary detox to get the fanbase united alongside a managerial appointment. A young, hungry manager that should be given the time the mentalists thought Benitez should've gotten.
Except those mentalists are now coming in here pretending that fans are turning on lampard and quoting known kopites and wums to do so.

It wont happen overnight, but at least under Lampard the team is showing that its trying, even if the away form is still poor. We've won 2 of the 4 he's been in charge for. I've every confidence that we'd be out of the cup and in the bottom 3 is Benitez was still here.

Neah we would be in the same place if not higher.
Remember Ferguson lost his game in charge too, so since Rafael left its won 1 in 4 league games.

Don't buy that. He brought him in because Rafael had followed Carlo at Real and Abramovich bigged him up. He was also 2nd choice behind Nuno who we offered the job to which fell through.

He had Newcastle hanging in the prem after dropping them and Steve Bruce getting the same results when he took over. Rafael walked on water for them cos he, as usual, whinged about the owner.

End of the day though even if it was...his job at Newcastle should have never been used as a barometer to take over here.

Nuno was never offered the job. It fell apart at interview stage when he made too many demands.

Benitez inherited a terrible squad, then bizarrely sold our two best players and lost the overwhelmingly majority of his league matches. We are dire and Frank can’t be expected to transform this team in a matter of two weeks.

One thing I will say is that the players are all giving 100%, which wasn’t the case under Benitez. As fans that’s as much as we can ask of them.
May be against Leeds they did! Too many of them then reverted to type on Saturday. Hopefully Lampard will have learnt more from the Southampton game than he did from the Leeds game!

Except those mentalists are now coming in here pretending that fans are turning on lampard and quoting known kopites and wums to do so.

Nah, you’ve got a few of the Benitez Eight, trying to deflect from their treachery and the fact that they made massive knobheads of themselves over Benitez , by attempting to manipulate the fans into turning on Lampard.

Neah we would be in the same place if not higher.
Remember Ferguson lost his game in charge too, so since Rafael left its won 1 in 4 league games.
Sorry mate but I don't agree. Under Benitez our entire game plan was to let the opposition have the ball and basically wait to go a goal behind. He fell out with and/or sold our best players, and sacked the medical staff. I don't see one positive form his tenure. The style of football he had us playing, I don't expect we would have won another game this season under his management.

Anyone turning on Lampard at this point is an idiot. Young manager who speaks well, brought in a good team and is looking to play attacking football.
Not his fault we’ve got our best CBs and CM injured and have no confidence right now but I am very encouraged with his two home performances, they’ve been the best games of the season for me so far and he’s only been here a few weeks.

Sorry mate but I don't agree. Under Benitez our entire game plan was to let the opposition have the ball and basically wait to go a goal behind. He fell out with and/or sold our best players, and sacked the medical staff. I don't see one positive form his tenure. The style of football he had us playing, I don't expect we would have won another game this season under his management.
Only positives were buying Gray, giving game time to Gordon and to a lesser extent buying Townsend who’s a good squad player. Hopefully the full backs will come good too but remains to be seen.

Other than that, forget a few good results (not performances) early on and Richarlison and Gray deciding to beat Arsenal on their own it was abysmal on the pitch.

Lampard is a poor manger…. That’s the bottom line. He’s thin skinned, vain and self aggrandising.
he won’t be here in two years.
He will also see us clear of relegation as there are (at least) three far worse teams.
On paper I’d agree, but actual results over the last 15 games say otherwise! Burnley, Watford, Newcastle and even Norwich all look as though they are at least up for the fight, there’s at least 5 or 6 of our lot who play “ok” one week then the next week just revert to what we’ve seen for five years or more, mentally weak and happy just to take the money!

How many managers do we need to go through before people wake up and realise this group of players are not good enough.

Stop whining about irrelevant and trivial issues like when a sub should have been made and get behind the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.