2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're blaming Lampard for loaning out 2 young, not PL ready forwards in Simms and Dobbin like they'd be our saviours now?

When have I said they would be saviours? I'm saying that it's about managing your squad and making sure you have capable options. I agree they need loan moves but the window still has a month left. They'd have got a loan after we sorted out another back-up for DCL and Rondon was back.

I meant to say injured. A good DoF set-up involves the manager and he/she working together. As I said, he is capable of saying to the DoF, we have no striker, can we pause on some of these outgoings until we have Rondon back? Is that so hard to do?

As I said, i don't place the blame solely on him but he has to take some responsibility. Take Arsenal last season for example - they sold and let go of a bunch of players on loan in Jan and then injuries stacked up and Arteta was moaning they had no players. I don't understand that. It is your duty as much as it is the DoF to make sure you have a capable squad for the season.

He's more of a striker than what we have been left with is my point.
Dobbin has been sent out for his development. That is a long term decision so that we may end up with a striker.

He is a promising young player, but he is nowhere near being backup striker.

That role goes to Dele/Rondon/Gray.

Dobbin has been sent out for his development. That is a long term decision so that we may end up with a striker.

He is a promising young player, but he is nowhere near being backup striker.

That role goes to Dele/Rondon/Gray.
Indeed, but Rondon is suspended for a game so would be worth keeping him around for that and send him on after. Broadhead too is an option I forgot about as above.

When have I said they would be saviours? I'm saying that it's about managing your squad and making sure you have capable options. I agree they need loan moves but the window still has a month left. They'd have got a loan after we sorted out another back-up for DCL and Rondon was back.

You're tripping pinning this mess on him.

I'm not tripping at all. I said in my first post I don't entirely blame Lampard. It's something both he and the club should have addressed. That's how a functional and good club operates, by working together.

I was reliably informed on here that Thelwell had been given full control of transfers in this big Moshiri revamp of the club this summer, so you can blame him for the fact we don’t have any fit strikers.

Simms went before DCL got injured???

Dom had previous injury issues and it was perfectly reasonable to expect he might have more

We were even looking at strikers before Simms went, so the club clearly knew it was an issue

If you know Rondon is suspended and Dom still isn't fully fit, then you don't loan Simms IMO

Once Broja/etc is signed? Sure, loan Simms. But until the other striker is in you don't go into the first game of the season with a striker who might potentially hurt himself again and a suspended back up

Lampard can rightly complain about the delay in a new striker being signed, but he could have put his foot down and kept Simms a bit longer

Status
Not open for further replies.