2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This DCL situation is potentially the first time I'm a bit annoyed by him. Of course it isn't just up to him in terms of transfers but to go into the first game of the season without a recognised striker due to injury/bans is his fault as much as it is the clubs.
Ayy?

This DCL situation is potentially the first time I'm a bit annoyed by him. Of course it isn't just up to him in terms of transfers but to go into the first game of the season without a recognised striker due to injury/bans is his fault as much as it is the clubs.

There is no chance he is happy not to have a new striker. He will be absolutely fuming because he has been let down by the club's incompetence.

Rondon is suspended. DCL is on loan. Tosun has left. Kean isn't around.
Which loan mate? I am not sure I follow the logic here. Could you expand a bit?

Dobbin just signed for Derby.
There is no chance he is happy not to have a new striker. He will be absolutely fuming because he has been let down by the club's incompetence.

I don't disagree but it's down to the manager to make sure that he's got those bases covered too. He knew going into this game that Rondon was suspended and if DCL was injured we would be fecked.

I don't disagree but it's down to the manager to make sure that he's got those bases covered too. He knew going into this game that Rondon was suspended and if DCL was injured we would be fecked.

How can the manager make sure he gets what he needs when he is not in charge of budgets and works under a DOF, who in turn needs to be allowed to carry out his role in full free from interference.

DCL is also not on loan, I don't understand your point.

Cheers mate, misunderstood- thought you meant an incoming one, duh ?

Well it seems to me that we try and cover all the holes in the squad with cheap journeymen, or free transfers on higher wages, or, we sort out one or two some positions long term and accept the risk in areas where the squad is weak.

I don’t think we have the resources to do everything this window.

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with Lampard that we are short up front. Nothing.

Rondon is the backup striker. We will manage for a game without him. I cannot see us signing a player on this basis.

I know we are all suspicious of Rondon, but tgey also have Dele who played up front against Kyiv. I think they may also use Gray there.

I don’t want a panic signing unless it’s a loan. I would rather we stick to a plan, which seems to me that a CDM is next.

Rondon is the backup striker. We will manage for a game without him. I cannot see us signing a player on this basis.

I know we are all suspicious of Rondon, but tgey also have Dele who played up front against Kyiv. I think they may also use Gray there.

I don’t want a panic signing unless it’s a loan. I would rather we stick to a plan, which seems to me that a CDM is next.

And if Dom is only out 3 or 4 weeks, you don't rip up your entire plan.

Dobbin’s not a striker

How can the manager make sure he gets what he needs when he is not in charge of budgets and works under a DOF, who in turn needs to be allowed to carry out his role in full free from interference.

DCL is also not on loan, I don't understand your point.

I meant to say injured. A good DoF set-up involves the manager and he/she working together. As I said, he is capable of saying to the DoF, we have no striker, can we pause on some of these outgoings until we have Rondon back? Is that so hard to do?
Well it seems to me that we try and cover all the holes in the squad with cheap journeymen, or free transfers on higher wages, or, we sort out one or two some positions long term and accept the risk in areas where the squad is weak.

I don’t think we have the resources to do everything this window.

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with Lampard that we are short up front. Nothing.
As I said, i don't place the blame solely on him but he has to take some responsibility. Take Arsenal last season for example - they sold and let go of a bunch of players on loan in Jan and then injuries stacked up and Arteta was moaning they had no players. I don't understand that. It is your duty as much as it is the DoF to make sure you have a capable squad for the season.
Dobbin’s not a striker

He's more of a striker than what we have been left with is my point.

With Pickford, Tarkowski, Mina, Obana, Gana.

I reckon we'll break a new record for fewest goals conceded. ?

Sadly, the opposite will also be true.

As I said, i don't place the blame solely on him but he has to take some responsibility. Take Arsenal last season for example - they sold and let go of a bunch of players on loan in Jan and then injuries stacked up and Arteta was moaning they had no players. I don't understand that. It is your duty as much as it is the DoF to make sure you have a capable squad for the season.

So you're blaming Lampard for loaning out 2 young, not PL ready forwards in Simms and Dobbin like they'd be our saviours now?

Status
Not open for further replies.