2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing only was saving us this season and that was getting the fans to drag this lot over the line, he did it. He tapped into it and realized it and bought into it himself with his passion, can't ask for more than that.

Tonight he made one tactical change at HT and it spun the game completely, for the last 7-8 games he abandoned his philosophy completely in order to grind out results, that takes balls and a brain to do and requires the ability to forget your own ego for the reality - both things that you need in a boss.

He's been very calm throughout. What he has said has made a difference. After that Burnley game, I think we have 14 points from 8 games after he called the players out. But after Spurs away, Wolves away etc he has been very measured. Spoke about positives. Essentially didn't take the easy option of burying a group of players with very little confidence.

To get to 39 points, where where we were has been an incredible achievement really. I'm not sure anyone saw that. I thought we'd only need like 33 to survive.

We played again with two in midfield in the first half - over run - we looked like a Division 1 side tbh
2nd half Ali &Iwobi in midfield put us with 4 in midfield - we played like a prem team .-

We will lose star players & deadwood - he has to rebuild a good younger side with his contacts.,...

Been saying all season we shouldn't have ever played 5 at the back. Was obvious under Ancelotti and he sacked it off cause he saw how [Poor language removed] they were at it. Benitez got sacked cause he kept trying it, and look at what we've seen second half there.

Status
Not open for further replies.