2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love seeing Frank embracing the old legends
I like Frank a lot, despite giving out about him earlier! He's saved this club from relegation, and he's also reunited what was a divided and broken fanbase.

I hope he has a long and successful reign as our manager. A nice boring mid table finish, will do fine for next season!

It's going to be a long journey, getting this club back to where it should be imo.

Last edited:
Frank and Pat:

1652994743222.png

One thing only was saving us this season and that was getting the fans to drag this lot over the line, he did it. He tapped into it and realized it and bought into it himself with his passion, can't ask for more than that.

Tonight he made one tactical change at HT and it spun the game completely, for the last 7-8 games he abandoned his philosophy completely in order to grind out results, that takes balls and a brain to do and requires the ability to forget your own ego for the reality - both things that you need in a boss.

This feller is an instant legend.

Whatever he does in the future, however much he might get it wrong, I will always think of this feller as a legend now.

This club was a shambles when he came in.

He's saved us.

He didn't get everything right, but he got it right at the right time.

He's a winner. And we're lucky to have him.

Get it right up yer lurking Kopites - Frank is here to stay.

One thing only was saving us this season and that was getting the fans to drag this lot over the line, he did it. He tapped into it and realized it and bought into it himself with his passion, can't ask for more than that.

Tonight he made one tactical change at HT and it spun the game completely, for the last 7-8 games he abandoned his philosophy completely in order to grind out results, that takes balls and a brain to do and requires the ability to forget your own ego for the reality - both things that you need in a boss.
Correct.

I agree with this.

But, politically, he has earned the right to carry on, so it is what it is now. Realpolitik means he begins the rebuild. He has gained some credibility in ensuring we stayed up - which was the minimum requirement when he was appointed - and we must now hope he has learned some hard lessons - and interesting insights into his players. He won't survive to Christmas if he fails to purge this squad ruthlessly over the summer. I hope he realises this. His continued selection of Gomes very nearly cost him his job. We can't rely on blue flares next season.
I'd agree with all that but we can't overlook mismanagement at board level and what appears to be serial interference with signing players.

All that needs to end to give the manager, whomever it is, a fair crack of the whip.

That isn't to say he can't positively influence things either but I've thought for a long time that there may come a point where an Everton manager has to force a showdown with the owner and board to stop us being run like a circus.

Lampard now has a level of connection with fans and arguably a degree of credibility that no Everton manager who has won nothing with the club, has ever had. And certainly more than any manager who never played for the club has.

That can amount to some extraordinary leverage if he is smart enough to both sense and utilise it. We have to wait and see.

Fans obviously played a massive part in the run in but honestly Lampard deserves credit for the turnaround.

We picked up 15 points over 24 games running up till April, that 15 out of 72.

The past 8 games we've picked up 14 points from a possibly 24, with one of those losses being the Brentford game we'd likely have won without the red.

15 out of 72
14 out of 24

Unbelievable turnaround that i couldn't have imagined happening.

He's a lucky boy Frank.
The selection of Gomes in the last 2 games was inexplicable and could have cost us big style.
Of course it's a fantastic night and ultimately a great result and that will probably gloss over the managerial errors

He's a lucky boy Frank.
The selection of Gomes in the last 2 games was inexplicable and could have cost us big style.
Of course it's a fantastic night and ultimately a great result and that will probably gloss over the managerial errors
Until next season!

What a fine line between villain and hero. One amazing comeback sealed it and credit for changing it.

Always going to be like that for him and he deserves the credit for taking the job and ultimately succeeding in his task.

Status
Not open for further replies.