Forward Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
...we need a threat off the bench, somebody who can come on and influence a game. I could come on ‘and give Dom a breather’ and I’m 64.
Oh agreed you want forward options that can make an impact off the bench or when they get starts too and Kean wasn't really.but having literally nobody to provide what Dom or Richy do attributes wise is poor. With Kean I think he wanted out and so did his agent so it's not so much letting him go I have an issue with as much as bringing nobody in. Arguably Walcott going also removed our back up on the right that could run in behind and was different to James. We are now relying on Iwobi coming good or Gordon suddenly developing. Simms has got nowhere near the bench. Heaven forbid DCL and Richy are out and we have very little going forward.

Just can’t get my head round letting both Walcott and kean go without one incoming - someone like josh king seemed a no brainer

I know holgate and branthwaite injuries forced our hand but if it was a money issue I’d rather we had used the Godfrey money towards a forward option.

You could make an argument that all three of our forward backups (iwobi/Bernard/Gordon) are actually more suited as midfielders.

Desperately needs sorting in January just have to hope richarlison and DCL don’t get injured during that time - just feels like such a missed opportunity with the league like it is.

Just can’t get my head round letting both Walcott and kean go without one incoming - someone like josh king seemed a no brainer

I know holgate and branthwaite injuries forced our hand but if it was a money issue I’d rather we had used the Godfrey money towards a forward option.

You could make an argument that all three of our forward backups (iwobi/Bernard/Gordon) are actually more suited as midfielders.

Desperately needs sorting in January just have to hope richarlison and DCL don’t get injured during that time - just feels like such a missed opportunity with the league like it is.
I agree I understand taking the money and wages off the books to an extent given what we spent but bringing nobody in was a risk we didn't need to take we literally have very little back up now. I thought maybe it indicated Carlo rated Simms but he has not made the bench once. If DCL goes down we are playing with a false nine in the next two games.

I agree I understand taking the money and wages off the books to an extent given what we spent but bringing nobody in was a risk we didn't need to take we literally have very little back up now. I thought maybe it indicated Carlo rated Simms but he has not made the bench once. If DCL goes down we are playing with a false nine in the next two games.
Sigurdsson as a false nine...

I'm over 30...I can run fast. Maybe offer little else but would happily sign for 20m in January. :p

Maybe come January window there's a chance to loan a decent forward that isn't getting the chance elsewhere at a top club. Then can reassess kean or other options in summer

Didn’t help that Bolasie stayed, add that to the Tosun injury and its difficult to sustain another big wage.

Be a great shame after this fantastic start to the new season if we can not build on this opportunity to challenge for a top four spot...

We need to fight for as many points as we can until January, then get a couple of players in the transfer window...

There are circumstances this season where everything seems more equal with results being unusual & deviating from the norm & games being played behind closed doors...

This could be the season we advance, we must not miss this chance to progress & more depth to our squad will be crucial with at least another two players being signed in Jan...

Be a great shame after this fantastic start to the new season if we can not build on this opportunity to challenge for a top four spot...

We need to fight for as many points as we can until January, then get a couple of players in the transfer window...

There are circumstances this season where everything seems more equal with results being unusual & deviating from the norm & games being played behind closed doors...

This could be the season we advance, we must not miss this chance to progress & more depth to our squad will be crucial with at least another two players being signed in Jan...

Letting Walcott go with no other natural right winger is the one that is starting to baffle me aswell

Letting Walcott go with no other natural right winger is the one that is starting to baffle me aswell
Walcott is happy to retire on the south coast, he's having his little bit of nostalgia before hanging his boots up, until Saints realise how little he actually offers on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.