Homepage Update: Form is Temporary, Classlessness is Permanent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne wanted to better himself, he went to United, kissed the United badge to the Everton fans when he scored at Goodison. He came back after doing nothing at all for us and, because he wears Everton pyjamas 'Rooneymania' despite the fact it's not an act of love but a way of maintaining £250k a week wages which are beyond his ability.

Lukaku scores a shed load of goals for us, even after saying he wanted to go, like Rooney wants to better himself and win things. We give him dogs abuse and when he gives a little gesture of response after an hour of abuse, we go ape.

Move on.

Couple of points:

Rooney did nothing for us? Except fetch us 30m and saved us from inevitable administration or weren't you a blue back back then?

He's not on 250k a week, not even close

Lukaku was and is a bell, end of. Rooney was and is one of us. If you don't get that, there's no hope for you I'm afraid

Good article. Don't understand why so many are defending him. He never got stick from the fans when he was playing well and scoring goals. He got stick when he couldn't be bothered to put some effort in, and he deserved it then. If he thinks he got too much stick then maybe he showed he wasn't bothered too often.

Plenty of players leave their clubs for newer challenges, and plenty of them get stick from the fans they left, but they still have respect for their previous clubs and give a muted celebration when they, or a team mate, scores.

Lukaku proved his lack of class by showing his disrespect of the club and fans that put faith in him. It just wasn't necessary.

Yes we miss the goals he scored, but he was never one of us.

Maybe it is an embarrassing article but it has been liked by 37 posters.That in itself is kind of telling really.If Rom thought Old Trafford was bad it will be nothing compared to Goodison on New Years day.
I'm glad that you agree that it's an embarrassing article and more befitting of RAWK.

Oh and as for giving him loads at Goodison, that would have happened regardless - I remember Duncan returning to Goodison, his name was cheered and then one typical challenge later and he was getting dogs abuse.

That's football.

Couple of points:

Rooney did nothing for us? Except fetch us 30m and saved us from inevitable administration or weren't you a blue back back then?

He's not on 250k a week, not even close

Lukaku was and is a bell, end of. Rooney was and is one of us. If you don't get that, there's no hope for you I'm afraid

I'd boot Former Manchester United Football Club Legend Wayne Rooney out tomorrow and take back Lukaku in a second

He never gave a toss about us, just himself.

None of what he did was surprising and, lets face it, undeserved. If Evertonians are going to give him stick for missing and calling him all sorts on Twitter/Instagram then yeah he's got a bit of a right to take pops back at us.

Forget about him. He's gone, he scored us some goals and now he does it for someone else and could give a rusty crap about our club. He was always here for himself.

He was great whilst here, he's gone somewhere else. he got dog's abuse when he fluffed the free kick a few moments earlier then scored. I'd have done worse then him.

Its football, played mostly by inarticulate [Poor language removed] who have no understanding of anything but their own egos. Don't get wound up by them, they are largely irrelevant, if not temporarily, heroes.

Excellent piece @Jim Keoghan. I thought about this a lot since Sunday and here's the thing - not all of us actually had an issue with him, but now we do. There was a decent % who wished him well. Yeah, like others, we got annoyed at him running his mouth every time he went away and bottling most of the big games, but on the whole, I appreciated what he did and wished him the best when he left. I know I'm not the only one.

However, between the comments he made since he left and his actions on Sunday, he's now burnt all bridges. Jim's right to suggest we should ignore him when he comes back but I think we'd be better placed to really try and intimidate him. We know better than most how much he shits himself when things get on top - there's a good chance he'll go missing.

Overall it's pretty disappointing and didn't have to be like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.