Forest fan - 20th April, we need to do something

I only brought it up as I was replying to some of the responses I'd got to my original post, which was very mild mannered compared to the racial abuse. I go to away games and it’s the odd monkey gesture, a lot better in the Premier League, but was really bad at Millwall once and Bristol City was terrible. Never experienced at the City Ground or from away fans who attend the City Ground.

I only brought it up as I was replying to some of the responses I'd got to my original post, which was very mild mannered compared to the racial abuse. I go to away games and its the odd monkey gesture, a lot better in the Premier League, but was really bad at Millwall once and Bristol City was terrible. Never experienced at the City Ground or from away fans who attend the City Ground.
The colour of your skin,race,creed or religion has nothing to do with this thread.

Just feel it’s a bit odd to bring it up on an internet forum when no-one can see you or has a clue who you are.

I think you are well intentioned but incredibly naive to think that your postings would lead to anything but the responses you have received.

Only read page 1 so far, but I'm guessing this hasn't gone the way the OP thought/hoped...

After the first few posts about scab, Tory scum, you called us cheats... it has moved on to some form of discussion about FFP to be fair. It took a while to get there, but I think I've held my own pretty well. Had to point out a few times that I'm one individual fan and never joined in with the cheat fans. Didn't quite expect the level of hatred about the miners strike to come up, but apart from that, it's been Ok.

A few fans not reflective of the club called you cheats, certainly not me. I actually think one of the reasons they gave us 4 points and you 6 was because they wanted this squabbling to take place between us.
Yup. I agree with this.
I think it would be much easier to get something off the ground if the forest fans are seen to feel as passionately about it in the next few games.
I also think that you wont appeal and that's intentional by the PL.
They don't want to risk a spread of the 'corrupt' protests and most forest fans wont want to rock the boat.

The colour of your skin,race,creed or religion has nothing to do with this thread.

Just feel it’s a bit odd to bring it up on an internet forum when no-one can see you or has a clue who you are.

I think you are well intentioned but incredibly naive to think that your postings would lead to anything but the responses you have received.

I have been very naive and foolish, I expected it but not to this level - its been a steep learning curve

After the first few posts about scab, Tory scum, you called us cheats... it has moved on to some form of discussion about FFP to be fair. It took a while to get there, but I think I've held my own pretty well. Had to point out a few times that I'm one individual fan and never joined in with the cheat fans. Didn't quite expect the level of hatred about the miners strike to come up, but apart from that, it's been Ok.
Guessing you weren't alive at the time of the non-strikers....
It was horrible mate.
Very difficult to forget and forgive, mud sticks ,unfortunately.

Having a quick look on the forest forum, its scattered with fans talking about 4 points being unfair, evertons 2nd charge definitely being more points (1 to 3 but someone thought another 5 or 6 was acceptable), a lot of blame on the owner, then defence of the owner, then some stereotypical jokes about scousers.

You might want to unite, but from the state of the rest of the closed minded fans, you're on your own lad. Recommend your fan base do your own thing.

Problem is with taking a snapshot from Twitter or forums isn't probably representative of the entire fan base. I've admitted that I've been incredibly naive and foolish and in some ways I regret my initial post. It doesn't change my opinion that the FFP rules are simply protecting the big 6 cartel and nothing will change that.

To explain:
  1. I made the original post
  2. Majority of initial response was 'scab, scum, poverty chanter'
  3. I explained in one post that I'm used to abuse as have sometimes received racial abuse and point number 2 language is very mild compared to said racial abuse.
  4. Someone then asked me about the said racial abuse I'd received
  5. I responded and said it mainly happened when I went away in the Championship, it hasn't happened on this forum
It is a side discussion from the main debate, which is about FFP. I was only responding to a direct question about abuse.
Not sure a fully itemised response was needed, but thanks for cracking out the ordered list on my account, I guess.

You aren’t going to get what you came for.

The world hasn’t changed because Forest received a minor points deduction.

We feel no kinship with your club, in part because of the brain dead way your fanbase responded to our deduction.

On you go.

Not sure a fully itemised response was needed, but thanks for cracking out the ordered list on my account, I guess.

You aren’t going to get what you came for.

The world hasn’t changed because Forest received a minor points deduction.

We feel no kinship with your club, in part because of the brain dead way your fanbase responded to our deduction.

On you go.

I fully agree with this, it will probably only change if more and more clubs receive deductions. It's been a steep learning curve for me this discussion. Apologies for re-opening old wounds and sorry for any offence caused.

Shows of unity are great and powerful.

Less powerful when people only unite when they're eventually affected themselves.
Let’s not forget that these cheeky bar stewards wanted to sue us last season along with Burnley,Leeds,Leicester and Southampton.

Where was the solidarity then?
First they came for Everton and we did nothing*...

(*but laugh and call us cheating baśtards)
I think it's a good sentiment but your fans need to show the same public outrage at the city ground that Evertonians showed at goodison.
Forest fans were knobs at the city ground match but the top 6/Pl types would much prefer we squabble amongst our selves than take a joint stand against them so for that reason I hope something happens.
There's more than likely 1 or 3 more quaking in the wings?? They need to make back channel contact.
Because...

''We must all hang together, or we shall all hang separately. ''

Won't happen though?

But it's still in our own hands...just for now

I have been very naive and foolish, I expected it but not to this level - its been a steep learning curve
As they say “every day’s a school day”.

If you were not around during the miners strike then fair enough but if you live in Nottingham and it’s the 40th anniversary of that strike then you must have an understanding of the intense feelings and emotions surrounding it.

It has a particular resonance with the City of Liverpool because organised labour, represented by trade unions, is and has been part of the fabric of our city.
The breaking of picket lines is a big no-no and hence the use of the word “scabs” in the responses relating to Nottinghamshire and the antics of Forest fans and FFP.

You’re welcome!

Unless there is a real protest (I.e. - mass boycott of matches, games played in empty stadiums), then any protest is pointless.

You wouldn’t know there was any kind of protest by Everton fans, other than some little banners and booing the PL anthem. Like wow, that’ll show ‘em!
oh, I dunno about this.
Here in the states the protests got a good bit of coverage. The cameras didnt turn away from the cards and the commentators explained the situation.
As protests go, they've been quite effective and not what the PL want to see at all.

I'd like to see Everton and Forest do something on the 20th.
Sure, a lot of other clubs would just point and laugh at "the two clubs that cheated"
But it's one of the only ways you draw attention to how stupid and poorly run the whole thing is.

There's more to be gained from working together on this.
All you need is a few like minded people from Villa, Wolves, Palace etc who see the writing on the wall.
Pick a time at all the games (say 10 mins for Evertons initial penalty) and unveil banners targeting the scab 6 and their financial grip on the game.

If you were not around during the miners strike then fair enough but if you live in Nottingham and it’s the 40th anniversary of that strike then you must have an understanding of the intense feelings and emotions surrounding it.

It has a particular resonance with the City of Liverpool because organised labour, represented by trade unions, is and has been part of the fabric of our city.
The breaking of picket lines is a big no-no and hence the use of the word “scabs” in the responses.

The breaking of picket lines is a big no-no and hence the use of the word “scabs” in the responses relating to Nottinghamshire and the antics of Forest fans and FFP.

You’re welcome!

Ok understood, I was born in the nineties and I'm aware of the chants and understand some of the history, if the strength of feeling is that deep, I can understand why its still raw with Everton fans. Would be great if there could be some form of mutual working together to at least get a shared banner or message, but if this is simply an impossibility, then fair enough.

You've actually reminded me that there was a meeting between a striker and a non-striker a few weeks ago to mark the anniversary of the strike and although they didn't shake hands, both men left feeling a little bit better towards each other.