Football as We Know It Is Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in a catch-22 situation. The game is dead to me. Going to the match just isn’t the same anymore, but I take my lad so what am I supposed to say to a ten year old? “It wasn’t like this when I was a lad” and sack it off for the both of us?
Just try and enjoy the bond between you and your son and ignore the actual football. The connection with him will be what you remember rather than anything that happens on the pitch.

Must admit the sly 6 have done a magnificent job with the FFP and new PSR systems they have made up, there infallible. Now every team outside the sly 6 will be just terrified to challenge them anymore, what's the point, just look what's happening to Everton..
It hasn't quite worked perfectly, as the rs and Man United would have wanted. Because Man City can fabricate Commercial deals they can spend what they want. Chelsea will fall by the wayside soon, so it will be a 3 club league instead of 4. I don't really count Arsenal and Spurs as they never win the league or Champions League. In their ideal world the rs and United would be like Real and Barcelona, taking it in turns.

Game has been steadily getting worse for years.
Same teams winning everything.
Cap between the top and bottom of the prem growing every year.
VAR is a joke again favouring the so called elite.
Can't even celebrate a goal anymore.
Games ending at the whim of the officials in the var rooms.
The timings of the games, played at mad times and days.
Used to be part of the excitement ,Go the game Saturday get a result and find out how the teams around you did, not wait till midweek to find out.
It really added to the excitement of the day.
The cost is bloody scandalously high .
god help anybody bringing a family the game.
I have lost my love of the game. When I go now it's less and less
I find myself thinking other than seeing the lads it's past its sell buy date.
just to sanatized
Getting like American football to many breaks and lacks the spontaneous excitement.
The raw passion it used to have.
Has be diluted.
To be honest the powers that run the game are on the cusp of killing there own product,
Is it really going to sell a product around the world were certain teams just beat others more or less 9 times out of 10?
More and more of the people
I know are drifting away to be replaced by causal fans , problem with that is as soon as something else catches there eye they will be off there.
Can't blame them either.
The entertainment on show is expensive, rigged and to be honest mostly boring.
If Everton aren't playing I watch the lower league stuff rather than prem as it's more like the game
I used to know.

I chose not to choose Football, I chose something else

They will continue to ruin the game as long as fans keep paying a fortune to watch it.

Agreed on the officiating and cheating ruining it but part of me thinks maybe they like it as it drives a lot of clicks and commentary their way.

The Premier League needs overthrowing but that would take a union between fans, and they got us fighting amongst ourselves than against the real enemy of them and the media extorting us for access to our game, not theirs.

The PL have ruined football. It's not a credible competition. They can't even get simple decisions right on VAR so why should we expect them to be able to govern the game properly.

We need the government to come in and regulate them, and reduce their powers, because the league have shown they are unable to govern the game fairly and competently.

It's been slowly dying for years. In-fact I'd go as far back as when United jibbed the FA Cup off to play in the World Club Championship. It pretty much killed the Cup as a prestigious trophy in this country. The Champions League saps all the money and teams are just happy to qualify for it rather than actually win something. Chelsea kind of started the moneybags thing but City have driven a stake through the heart of the game. I hate them but at least United, RS and Arsenal are traditionally big clubs that you expect to be competing... Man City? They had Willo Flood and Nicky Weaver starting for them 20 years ago. Now they're the best team on the planet and anytime a team gets close they just rub the magic money lamp. It's not football it's more like NFL.

I was always against huge foreign investment into us but now I genuinely hope we get bought by the richest scumbags out there who turn us into the new City. if everyone else is doing it why not eh. Give us a little bit of enjoyment before it all collapses.

I just try not to let the noise bother me anymore, you can't even celebrate a goal properly incase someones had his armpit hair pulled 30 seconds before or a lace is potentially offside. I just use football as an excuse to drink. "Shall we go to the retail park?" "Sorry love the games on so I'm gonna sit on this bottle of brandy"

I've started going to non league football because it's just a better experience.
I have seen Malmö and IFK Göteborg games when I have been in Sweden. Far more enjoyable than the over-hyped Prem League.

In Gothenburg I watched the local derby Örgryte IS v GAIS in the Superettan League (Championship to us) There was only 8,000 in the stadium but the noise was incredible. Great atmosphere, enjoyable game. No Danny Murphy spouting gash about it either.

A bit like the country, it's actually not too late to save football. We have more big clubs than any other country, and a simple piece of regulation to cap wages and transfer fees would enable 30 or 40 clubs to be able to compete with each other. But, like the country, the powers that be won't regulate due to the Uber capitalist nature of our society now. I'm just glad I'm old enough to remember life before money became the be all and end all

It was an enjoyable watch until VaR came in and FFP
Every Weekend it seems like VAR controversy.takes over the headlines
Now it's clubs over the FFP. When is it going to STOP!!
The Biggest Killer to the game is cheating and Diving and unsportsmanlike behaviour.
When will this be tackled or will tackles be taken out of the game altogether?
When are we as fans going to get the sport we love back?
or is the game going to be a side show for seasons upon end where no body knows if they are going to be relegated, win the league or get into Europe until they find out by an Independent Body?
I have zero interest in watching matches that don't involve Everton now..

I also find it hard to motivate myself to watch matches that DO involve Everton..

It is dying.

Championship football?
I'm not advocating we get relegated btw.
My boss bought season tickets for Preston last few seasons. I managed to go half a dozen games. Honestly a better watch than the premier league currently..

I have seen Malmö and IFK Göteborg games when I have been in Sweden. Far more enjoyable than the over-hyped Prem League.

In Gothenburg I watched the local derby Örgryte IS v GAIS in the Superettan League (Championship to us) There was only 8,000 in the stadium but the noise was incredible. Great atmosphere, enjoyable game. No Danny Murphy spouting gash about it either.
The Swedish league has had something like 10 winners in the last 12 years. Much more exciting than our dire fare. The only thing that made me smile last season was West Ham winning the Europa Conference League!

Status
Not open for further replies.