Following the AGM, How likely do you feel it is now that we will move to BM

1 being definatley not, 10 being absolute definatley will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our history in these matters, I can see the following press release in a couple of years.

'Due to the unexpected global economic downturn, and the the current situation effecting the pound and interest rates,
Everton FC have had to drastically rethink our plans for the proposed stadium at Bramley Moore Dock'.

Blah, blah, blah...................................

Given our history in these matters, I can see the following press release in a couple of years.

'Due to the unexpected global economic downturn, and the the current situation effecting the pound and interest rates,
Everton FC have had to drastically rethink our plans for the proposed stadium at Bramley Moore Dock'.

Blah, blah, blah...................................

this statement is coming sooner than a lot think.

No mate, not for me.

I want us to backheel this now to save time and energy that could go into a realistic stadium project; and the thought of Everton taking on board upwards of 600M in debt in the unlikely event that this project comes to fruition is enough to put any right minded fan off...it's unsustainable for a club of our puny commercial size.

Got to agree. The whole project hinged on Liverpool winning the Commonwealth Games so scale back and perhaps look to improve Goodison or even, gulp, move to a cheaper area out of town? Mind, that will hand all rights to the RS lock, stock and barrel

For much of the last day the Board, Moshiri and Anderson have given more detail on progress and reiterated the determination to make a planning application, start building. If they currently believe there is a significant risk that they cannot deliver it then this is bizarre behaviour as they’d be better off doing what they normally do best and saying little or nothing. As Evertonians we are conditioned to expect the worst. We just have to wait and see what happens.

The biggest hurdle still seems to be acquiring funding but one has to hope their will be no shortage of people/corporations willing to invest in the kick start of a docklands regeneration scheme.

are you not aware of the Albert Dock? The city has had its docklands regen already. We're now looking at an off pitch extension into the wilderness.

funding is the challenge - we have no corporate demand to justify say 5000 hospitality seats

I went for 7 just because of 46 years consisting of a lot of disappointment. This is largely on the pitch but the Kings Dock remains very painful. With DK and even WHP, I think we swerved bullets that would have condemned us to trying to catch up with LFC for a very long time. We would have no chance at BMD without FM and he wants a successful, winning club that is increasing in value. I remain hopeful because Billionaires generally deliver....but I am fully prepared for the worst. Also a few visuals would have been nice. Mayor Joe has seen the concept designs...wonder why we can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.