Following the AGM, How likely do you feel it is now that we will move to BM

1 being definatley not, 10 being absolute definatley will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 from me.
No doubt in my mind. It is already in progress been exposed to the world and have just given us a bit of a progress update in which most Evertonians want nearly every week. Just because it's a slightly negative update doesn't mean it's not happening IMO.

I’ve gone from a solid 9.5 to a 1.35

We’ve gone from the SPV providing the funding for the build to now only funding 2/3rds

We haven’t found the lender for the initial 2/3rds. Now we have to find that lender, plus an additional £150m (which will rise by the time we go to tender, probably about £200m)

On top of this the water is now rather muddy as it seems that LCC will be directly funding £300m.

I don't remember the SPV ever being presented as funding the entire project, but maybe I missed that

This is %100 on, too many people involved, too much at stake, some do seem to want it to fail just so they can be right, but it will be done, just have to be realistic about the time scale, these things are a slow process

This is %100 on, too many people involved, too much at stake, some do seem to want it to fail just so they can be right, but it will be done, just have to be realistic about the time scale, these things are a slow process

the word 'hope' in the presentations begs to differ.

Was a 9 earlier, now changed to an 8 given how many doubters there are. You've got the obvious bitter jealous RS complaining and we know how much sway they have in English Football, yet you've got Evertonians on here who are seemingly desperate for the club to fail who are saying we should sack the project off.

Was a 9 earlier, now changed to an 8 given how many doubters there are. You've got the obvious bitter jealous RS complaining and we know how much sway they have in English Football, yet you've got Evertonians on here who are seemingly desperate for the club to fail who are saying we should sack the project off.
No mate, not for me.

I want us to backheel this now to save time and energy that could go into a realistic stadium project; and the thought of Everton taking on board upwards of 600M in debt in the unlikely event that this project comes to fruition is enough to put any right minded fan off...it's unsustainable for a club of our puny commercial size.

As said "generous 3".

I think a better poll would be to ask members of the forum at what point the project will be ditched: 2 months; 6 months; 12 months.

Honestly Dave, this is more a goer than either of the previous stadium attempts, too much put in all ready for it to not fail. If I remember right, the funding plan never got off the ground for the Kings Dock while Kirkby was doomed the second Green and Tesco got involved. Nearly £10m has been invested already in securing the site and other minor details and the structural funding seems to be logical if controversial, there's only two scenarios that I can see which could feasibly scupper the deal, one is the club losing its League status and if by some way the league itself was to implode sometime in the next 4 years

I'm a natural optimist but I went for 4 after last night.

We are essentially hoping for no fallout from a public that are already demoralised and exhausted from years of imposed austerity, now being asked to look the other way when their local council is footing 2/3 of the bill for a new football stadium.

I get the arguments for job creation and how the council will do well financially year-on-year, but there will be opponents massed in force and organised and they won't be concentrating on those elements. The opposite argument is an easy emotional win when put to non-Evertonians.

Frankly, and sadly, it doesn't say much that we have to reply on public funding to this extent, whilst still being unable to confirm the remaining portion when we have no external debt.

This is probably the most reasonable counter argument to a finished stadium, but the SPV has been on the table for some time so although politics are always important, there's seems to be sufficient support for it with people who make choices. And the "2/3s" issue is probably relative to the anticipated cost to build, not the funding support; I'd assume (which, obviously is a dangerous thing when EFC building schemes are concerned) that the funding support is a relatively fixed amount from LCC, and the 2/3s reflects this value against the total project cost.

The rest of the funding is the size of the mortgable debt the club can take on (I presume the SPV is not in the first protected position, but I guess I need to read up on @The Esk's twitter work now) and how much personal or corporate guaranty Farhad is capable of or wants to take on.

No mate, not for me.

I want us to backheel this now to save time and energy that could go into a realistic stadium project; and the thought of Everton taking on board upwards of 600M in debt in the unlikely event that this project comes to fruition is enough to put any right minded fan off...it's unsustainable for a club of our puny commercial size.

all i want is for a successful stadium build.

this will not be happening with our current ownership.

all they do is consistently get the basics of management wrong. we can not even hold an AGM without a furore.

As said "generous 3".

I think a better poll would be to ask members of the forum at what point the project will be ditched: 2 months; 6 months; 12 months.

It's too far along to be ditched in less than 12 months; when do season ticket sales go live for the 19/20 campaign? Take that date and add 3 months if you want a "ditch date."

Status
Not open for further replies.