Following the AGM, How likely do you feel it is now that we will move to BM

1 being definatley not, 10 being absolute definatley will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can actually see us getting this off the ground and then watch as costs spiral out of control to the point we are literally using credit cards to finish it off, cutting every corner we can, leaving us with a half finished stadium with debt up to our eyeballs.

do not count this scenario out.

We hope a year to secure funding and planning, and to conclude designs, and then three years to build, on a complex site. If all goes to plan, to be kicking-off, at BMD in August 2022

This is the key phrase for me. We "Hope" to secure funding.

No Money, No stadium, and i hate to be negative about it!

at the very best that will be 4.5 years.

that's a LOOONNNNNGGGG time in football.

lol lol lol

Especially at my flippin' age....:(

At this rate there is a possibility I will be pushing up daisies, at worst, or too old and/or infirm to go the match anymore when the BM gates open :cool:

And current events in Evertonia are hastening my demise, don't worry 'bout that :rant:

Enjoy the new stadium, chaps and chapesses...ol' Khal will be looking down from his cloud.

(and that will probably be an obstructed view an' all :blush:)

I fail to see why so many are surprised about the spiralling costs. That is an inevitability about any civil work particularly now.
So by accepting that fact, and the knowledge that we seem to be struggling to finance the current costs, I see only further delays.
At the same time to think that the football side of the matter will need money to ensure we remain in the limelight my initial faith in us moving has subsided.
Naturally I hope that by 2022 we will be encamped in a new stadium, but I am concerned that the political fallout will mean that I t will be a multi purpose stadium to appease those opposed to council money being spent.

I fail to see why so many are surprised about the spiralling costs. That is an inevitability about any civil work particularly now.
So by accepting that fact, and the knowledge that we seem to be struggling to finance the current costs, I see only further delays.
At the same time to think that the football side of the matter will need money to ensure we remain in the limelight my initial faith in us moving has subsided.
Naturally I hope that by 2022 we will be encamped in a new stadium, but I am concerned that the political fallout will mean that I t will be a multi purpose stadium to appease those opposed to council money being spent.

To be fair, I don't think anyone is surprised that the costs are spiralling.

These kind of projects never come in under cost in my experience and I think everyone knows and expected that in this case.

I'm a natural optimist but I went for 4 after last night.

We are essentially hoping for no fallout from a public that are already demoralised and exhausted from years of imposed austerity, now being asked to look the other way when their local council is footing 2/3 of the bill for a new football stadium.

I get the arguments for job creation and how the council will do well financially year-on-year, but there will be opponents massed in force and organised and they won't be concentrating on those elements. The opposite argument is an easy emotional win when put to non-Evertonians.

Frankly, and sadly, it doesn't say much that we have to reply on public funding to this extent, whilst still being unable to confirm the remaining portion when we have no external debt.

I’m still at a 4. I was still just a nipper when the 1997 Peter Johnson Park Hamper stadium artists impression was first printed in The Evertonian, it feels like a lifetime ago. Till I’m sat in the new stadium, drinking a pint and eating a cold scouse pie, I’m not gonna get my hopes up

..ah, I might have started something posting my score in the stadium thread earlier but it is interesting taking the temperature of all. I’ve gone for 6/10 that we’ll move but that is swayed by hope more than substance.

It was indeed your post that started it all, unfortunately I cannot run a poll mid thread.

I’ve gone from a solid 9.5 to a 1.35

We’ve gone from the SPV providing the funding for the build to now only funding 2/3rds

We haven’t found the lender for the initial 2/3rds. Now we have to find that lender, plus an additional £150m (which will rise by the time we go to tender, probably about £200m)

On top of this the water is now rather muddy as it seems that LCC will be directly funding £300m.

Status
Not open for further replies.